Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChuckWagonMTG

RIX Prerelease

8 posts in this topic

Had two of my players open a kit with no promo. Had another player open a kit with no Ixalan packs. Cards are misprinted all over the place, and the card quality is abysmal.

I played in the 2nd of 2 events yesterday and went 3-1, so that's chill. The first event gave us the 32 player required event to level my store up to advanced. All in all, a pretty fair Saturday. Today I'm heading down to adjudicate Two-Headed Giant and that's it for the weekend.

ChuckWagonMTG likes this

Not going to lie, the play of this set wasn't good. From what I saw, people either had to force 3 colours, or fill there deck up with fodder to make 2 colour work. I ended going 2-3.

I originally tried 3 colour, Jeskai, but dropped the blue after round one. I played 14 games total, and only TWO felt like real magic games. Every other game was either myself or my opponent getting screwed with their mana one way or another. I don't know if it's the abundance of higher cost bombs, or more intense colour needs, but people agreed that it just seemed like more of a task to play magic with this set.

ChuckWagonMTG likes this

I went 4-1 and got 3rd place. The Event reporter put me at 4th, but my OMW and GW was higher than the person in third place, so there's something messed up in the calculations. My dad really had the worst pulls but he put together a janky deck and went 5-0. He was the only one that did 3 colors, but he really knows what he's doing. One person got two promos but that was the only mess up. All the cards were printed correct and no one had any curling cards. Great day for everyone.

ChuckWagonMTG likes this

I'm still waiting for the day WOTC messes up and gives me an extra booster! :D

Continued my tradition of getting an average pool with no real bombs.  Made a fun deck though and had a great time!!  Played White/Green Goodstuff and went 3-3-1 I believe.  Was also thrilled to have my wife join me for her first prerelease!  She opened the red Elder Dino which was definitely better than anything I've ever opened!

-Paul

14 hours ago, Breakfast with Nerds said:

I'm still waiting for the day WOTC messes up and gives me an extra booster! :D

Continued my tradition of getting an average pool with no real bombs.  Made a fun deck though and had a great time!!  Played White/Green Goodstuff and went 3-3-1 I believe.  Was also thrilled to have my wife join me for her first prerelease!  She opened the red Elder Dino which was definitely better than anything I've ever opened!

-Paul

Did she beat you and crush your dreams like @Aurian did to me? :D