Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Affinity for MTG

Masters 25 Packaging + Watermarks

23 posts in this topic

An article was posted today on The Mothership displaying the packaging and a couple spoilers. An interesting quirk of the set is that almost every card will have a watermark in it's text box featuring the logo of the original printing, which is kind of cool.

Article link: https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/masters-25-packaging-2018-02-02

ZBw84xPNRV.png

M26tE8c8Kb.png4fYMCHjjPg.png

16 hours ago, King of Jank said:

I'm still holding my expectations until more is revealed. Any set looks good from a 3-card snap shot, even Iconic Masters, with the right cards.

Granted, the Obliterator is tempting me to become hyped...

Gotta remind myself how disappointing the last couple Master sets were and not get my hopes up.  So far though I'm happy with what we've seen.  

King of Jank likes this

3 hours ago, Lasraik said:

With Jace being in this set does anyone else think it has a chance of being unbanned in Modern?

I watched Seth and Richard play "unbanned" modern over on MTGGoldfish last week, and Seth got to play a UW deck with Jace. It was...horrifying. It convinced me that Jace should definitely remain banned.

If anyone wants to check it out, here's a link: GOAT Magic: Unbanned Modern - Jace vs. Bloodbraid

Lasraik likes this

On 2/10/2018 at 0:35 PM, Affinity for MTG said:

I watched Seth and Richard play "unbanned" modern over on MTGGoldfish last week, and Seth got to play a UW deck with Jace. It was...horrifying. It convinced me that Jace should definitely remain banned.

If anyone wants to check it out, here's a link: GOAT Magic: Unbanned Modern - Jace vs. Bloodbraid

I remember Bloodbraid Elf being ridiculous

On 10/02/2018 at 7:35 PM, Affinity for MTG said:

I think the B&R people missed this video

15 hours ago, say_hi_red_5 said:

I guess my follow up question inevitably has to be has anyone heard whether all Master sets be distributed in this fashion? Source?

As far as I understand it, they will all be in big box stores moving forward.

Source: I'm a member of the WPN, and have a direct line to WoTC reps, where I have received this info.