Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SylvanMTG

Growing an audience

7 posts in this topic

What do you do to grow your audience? 

For me, I try to stay frequent on relevant social media websites. Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, and Instagram. Also consistently post on my blog and (try to) upload to YouTube consistently.

Is there anything good I'm missing? I've never done paid advertising, or really advertising at all. If anyone here has that experience I would love to hear it.

MTGZuby, Abaddon and Lasraik like this

Mostly social media is what I stick to.  If I were a content creator I would try to collaborate with other creators and help each other expand our audience that way.   Having a consistent schedule is a huge help as well like you mentioned.

The only other thing I can think of is Amino, they have a pretty calm community there.

MTGZuby and King of Jank like this

17 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Mostly social media is what I stick to.  If I were a content creator I would try to collaborate with other creators and help each other expand our audience that way.   Having a consistent schedule is a huge help as well like you mentioned.

The only other thing I can think of is Amino, they have a pretty calm community there.

Las makes a lot of good points. It's not easy and you just gotta keep at it.

King of Jank and MancaveMTG like this

I think persistance is key. The last reboot of my channel(4-5 months ago) i have found a lot of success. Being involved with not only subscribers, but other creators as well. Sharing ideas with each other and collaborating will help as well. If you ever want help on my end let me know! Like i tell people im an open book, and i definitely have no issues working with anyone. No matter the size of the other person involved. I just like talking mtg. I dont know everything by any stretch, but i love talking about what i do know.

King of Jank likes this

Beating a dead horse here, but everyone above is right, having consistent uploads is important. I know it is  anecdotal, but a couple weeks ago I had 3 uploads in 10 days, and I was just getting subs organically. After not uploading for a while the count has flatlined.

Also (something I'm trying to be better at) commenting on other people's videos. It shows support for fellow creators, and your comment/picture/name may catch the eye of another viewer.

6 hours ago, King of Jank said:

Also (something I'm trying to be better at) commenting on other people's videos. It shows support for fellow creators, and your comment/picture/name may catch the eye of another viewer.

Definitely! It seems like I get the most traffic when I'm active in other peoples' comment sections. The problem is, I have a really bad habit of not commenting. Mostly because I follow so many small creators now that I quickly flip from video to video as I try desperately to keep up with everyone. :P