Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dunnar

NBC Olympic coverage

3 posts in this topic

Their coverage is positively absolutely terrible.  There is nothing on the various TV channels to discern if you are watching a live event or a tape delayed event.

Supposedly they are streaming everything live.  I have yet to see that.  I was looking online (nbcolympics.com) at 12am EST, 2pm local event time and had a hard time finding anything.  Once again, I couldn't tell if it was live or tape delayed.  Spent half hour watching a cross country skiing event that I thought was live only to look up a skier and see that she won the event I was watching.

Case in point, I saw a kid from the Cleveland won the first US medal.  Yet the event was finally shown on tape delay a half hour later.

Sorry, but I needed a place to vent and throw my digital rock.

Nice you have options.  I get NBC and more NBC.  Saw they got into hot water for saying how Koreans respected Japan ... completely forgetting Japan brutally occupied Korea for a large portion of the last century.

Watched a cross country event on NBCSN.  Good race, guy fell and came from behind to win.  Pretty cool to see.

Programming on NBCSN moved to curling.  Watched curling for a bit and I flipped to NBC to see what they were covering.  Its the same cross country race I just watched on their other channel.

Awful.

Figured out to get the best stuff, you have to use their NBCSports app.  Not their TV channels or their website.  I can replay all kinds of stuff and see the live events.

Fortunately I am set up for streaming.