Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JesGolbez

[A25] Masters 25 Spoilerama

37 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, King of Jank said:

Just after I started regaining some confidence in this set, they did this:

triskaidekaphobia.jpg

What?  Why?  The more that gets spoiled the less excited I am about it.  Do cards like this really earn a spot in this Masters set?  I don't understand this one or a few others:

3-1-2018 3-10-32 PM.png3-1-2018 3-09-49 PM.png3-1-2018 3-09-29 PM.png3-1-2018 3-09-01 PM.png

I'm almost more excited about the common reprints than the rares.  

I am glad they put some value at common and uncommon, but the mythic slot... YIKES

It's a shame, because I think this set is a flavour home run and will be fun as hell to draft... again, WOTC can't have it both ways. 

I prefer value cards to be kept out of the mythic slot, personally. If it were up to me the Jace and Bridge would be dropped to rare as well.

1 hour ago, Lasraik said:

What?  Why?  The more that gets spoiled the less excited I am about it.  Do cards like this really earn a spot in this Masters set?  I don't understand this one or a few others:

I was regaining confidence in the set when they showed the filter lands, and the nice commons/uncommons. But all that confidence for the set got wiped with a Triskadelaphobia printing. The only thing keeping this set floating is the more potential pauper and chase uncommon printings. But still, no one wants to pay $10-15 for pauper masters.

They better have Fatal Push as AER's card. I'm still holding out for Path to Exile too, not that it matters much, as I'm not going to be opening much, if any, of these packs.

10 minutes ago, King of Jank said:

I was regaining confidence in the set when they showed the filter lands, and the nice commons/uncommons. But all that confidence for the set got wiped with a Triskadelaphobia printing. The only thing keeping this set floating is the more potential pauper and chase uncommon printings. But still, no one wants to pay $10-15 for pauper masters.

They better have Fatal Push as AER's card. I'm still holding out for Path to Exile too, not that it matters much, as I'm not going to be opening much, if any, of these packs.

Shouldn't the King Of Jank be happy that Triskadelaphobia is printed at rare? :P 

King of Jank likes this

I thought maybe this would be the time for Wizards to abolish the Reserve List and reprint a bunch of crazy Vintage/Legacy cards in Masters 25.  Overall the set isn't bad, but there are some definite head scratching reprints here.  I think I'm more excited about the pauper reprints and downshifts than I am the rares and mythics.

JesGolbez likes this

On 3/4/2018 at 8:36 AM, Lasraik said:

I thought maybe this would be the time for Wizards to abolish the Reserve List and reprint a bunch of crazy Vintage/Legacy cards in Masters 25.  Overall the set isn't bad, but there are some definite head scratching reprints here.  I think I'm more excited about the pauper reprints and downshifts than I am the rares and mythics.

Yeah, if/when WOTC ever abolished the reserved list, the game will be dying and it will be a last-ditch effort

On 3/1/2018 at 8:02 PM, JesGolbez said:

Shouldn't the King Of Jank be happy that Triskadelaphobia is printed at rare? :P 

This card is too directed. I want my jank to be obscure, not this straight forward.

...Also $15 to pack this....no thanks.

On 3/5/2018 at 10:07 AM, JesGolbez said:

Yeah, if/when WOTC ever abolished the reserved list, the game will be dying and it will be a last-ditch effort

I hope that isn't when they abolish the list, seems weird to me that they wouldn't at least take a few cards off of the list.