Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pasanda

Firestorm Games Night

4 posts in this topic

As part of Cub-scouts, my son (8.5) is going to this place on Thursday evening. It's all about board games and card games, and all that dweeby stuff that you lovely chaps spend the best part of your lives doin'

Having tried to catch the bug on a number of occasions in my life, and failing to (although i did once swap my car for a bag full of around 200 lead figures), I do like the idea of it, and i'd like to give him the chance to experience it well. The programme says that the cubs will play a wide assortment of card games, table top games plus model building and painting. But i did wonder, having lived it yourselves, and possibly through your children too, do you have any suggestions to what i should be pointing him at.

We've just arrived back and he's gone to bed wasted. They all painted what look like Warhammer 40k figures, played Yu Gi Oh, and something called Ice Cool, and someSW table top game. Then he begged me to buy a ridiculously expensive Pokemon starter set, which he has promised me he will play with a friend.

It's a great place. Really big. Mid week night and there must have been 200 people there of all ages. They have a cafe selling hot food and a bar, and they sell stacks of models, comics, toys, figures etc. And a host of huge dioramas. Not sure if this is how they all are, but i was very envious that i didn't stumble on places like this growing up. 

Affinity for MTG likes this