Dunnar

NFL 2018

64 posts in this topic

My Brownies got a new veteran QB, thank you Buffalo and Las.  I think having a QB that doesn't turn the ball over will make this team massively better.

Got a WR (Landry) that can catch the ball ... imagine that.  Thank you Miami

Added talent and experience in the O Line and the secondary without overspending.

Can potentially draft Darnold (or some other QB) AND Barkley.  AND we still have 3 second round picks.

QBs are probably going 1-3.  Making 4 very interesting.  I could see a draft day swap with Denver at 5 to get another pick from them because they may want a QB too.

Still blows my mind they kept Hue.  Not sure why you want him mentoring your #1 pick ... but whatever.  We might win a game this year.

I am drinking the Bears Kool-aid myself.  Epic coaching staff, got some great picks in free agency, we already had a solid core.  I am VERY excited for this year.

Its the Browns Superbowl tonight, aka the draft.

I'd like Darnold and Chubb.  I'm fine with Mayfield and Barkley or even Fitzpatrick.

I'm cautiously optimistic that even they wont Fuck this up.  Browns also have 3 second round picks.

@Jag you have to be ecstatic.  That LB is a stud

My Browns ... the one time I dont want them to get a Buckeye.  Ward better be great.

There are a lot of QB in the draft, I was really surprised when they went with Baker.  Time will tell.

I wanted Nelson, but he wasn't there.  So I am VERY happy with this pick.  We still have a lot of holes, but things are looking very solid.  I am more excited for this next year than I have been in FOREVER.  Most likely that means there will be a ton of disappointment, but whatever.  I like kool-aid. 

On 3/20/2018 at 5:33 AM, Dunnar said:

My Brownies got a new veteran QB, thank you Buffalo and Las.  I think having a QB that doesn't turn the ball over will make this team massively better.

Got a WR (Landry) that can catch the ball ... imagine that.  Thank you Miami

Added talent and experience in the O Line and the secondary without overspending.

Can potentially draft Darnold (or some other QB) AND Barkley.  AND we still have 3 second round picks.

QBs are probably going 1-3.  Making 4 very interesting.  I could see a draft day swap with Denver at 5 to get another pick from them because they may want a QB too.

Still blows my mind they kept Hue.  Not sure why you want him mentoring your #1 pick ... but whatever.  We might win a game this year.

With talent at QB and WR, I can see the Browns winning 5-6 games this year.

On 3/20/2018 at 8:07 AM, Jag said:

I am drinking the Bears Kool-aid myself.  Epic coaching staff, got some great picks in free agency, we already had a solid core.  I am VERY excited for this year.

Bears above .500?

Jag likes this

Posted (edited)

Bears = 1 in the win ratio.

19 and 0h!  Maybe just not in a row...haha

Its the preseason bro.  We got a legit QB, massive upgrades all over, new young offensive minded coach.  High quality D.  The hype train has left the station. WHOOOOT WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Realistically I think it will still take some time for things to mesh.  My minimum expectation is 9 wins and in contention for a playoff spot this year.  And for sure the playoffs next year.

Edited by Jag

38 minutes ago, Jag said:

My minimum expectation is 9 wins and in contention for a playoff spot this year.  And for sure the playoffs next year.

Pretty high expectations for a team that's in the same neighborhood as 2 other playoff teams and Rodgers.

We are underdogs for sure.  On paper it looks like we have caught up, but you gotta play the games.

It is true that my expectations are high, perhaps even unreasonably high.  I have had very low expectations the last few years, however this year I have gone all in.  I am VERY excited to see this team play, if for no other reason that we have a lot of new and established talent on offense.  It is a new look for the Bears.

Most all of this is because we had such a great off season.  It has been building and feeding.  I might crash hard, but I am going to live it up until that happens.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:07 AM, Jag said:

Probably even more excited now. Nice trade. Was hoping my Browns would get him

I am stoked.  There is still a chance we start off slow because of so much new, but one of the biggest confidence builders was watching the second string kick KC's ass in the preseason.  I am not talking about the score or win or whatever, just how smooth the offense and transitions looked.  No unnecessary time outs, very few penalties, and smooth subs.  The team just looked organized.  Fox never had his crap together.  The team seems supper committed, talent is there, they just need to put it together.  

So much damn kool aid.  Too much.  Because of the hype, Sunday nights game is WAY bigger than it seems.

I think the Bears will start out really well and get a lot of pub.

But the back end of the schedule is pretty rough. Might stumble to the finish.

Steelers are in a bad spot. Can the Browns shock the world? 

6 minutes ago, Dunnar said:

@Jag you have to be absolutely sick

Whoa, I stopped watching cause I thought da Bears had it in the bag.

bonelesspizza likes this

15 hours ago, Dunnar said:

@Jag you have to be absolutely sick

You know.  I saw it happening, but we were there.  5 or 6 times we could have closed it out.  Roquan and macks conditioning was a big factor.  4th and 1 that late in the game?  Just go for it.  on and on.  Kyle Fuller had the game literally bounce off his chest.

Anyhow, the Bears are SO MUCH BETTER!  That first half was epic to watch. 

So yeah, they lost, but I have hope again.  So not so bad.  I think its going to be a good year.

Mack - Absolute UNIT.

Roquan - Made an impact every play

Trubs - Flashes

Receivers - Flashes

RB - thoes guys got game.

Coaches - clock issues, and 4than 1...You have Jordan Howard, don't kick a FG from the 14 yeard line.  Retards.  I swear these teams need just some regular guy to tell them to use come common sense.  But I like the potential still.

By the time we come out of the bye at week 5, we are going to be a real force I think.  So I have hope.

Edited by Jag

I was a Seahawks fan but the legion of boom has turned into the legion of complete shart. They lost almost every one of there good players. I am so sad.

4 hours ago, bonelesspizza said:

I was a Seahawks fan but the legion of boom has turned into the legion of complete shart. They lost almost every one of there good players. I am so sad.

I have mixed feelings about Monday night.  I am thinking we should completely dominate this game, if we don't, my concern will start to grow.

bEAR-hAWK.png.7a79c9e207dcbe1af5437d1a7dd3668f.png

This lists Kwiataski as ILB next to Trevathan, Roquan will be there instead and he is a 70.  On PAPER we should not have any problems this game.  Defensively anyhow.

Edited by Jag

10 hours ago, bonelesspizza said:

Bold Prediction: Seahawks finish last in their division.