Dunnar

NFL 2018

69 posts in this topic

I wish we could punish the NFL in some way.  These rules are horseshit.

Why was OT shortened to 10 minutes?  What study showed people were getting injured in that last 5 minutes?  Why did they change it from sudden death, meaning the first team to score wins, to everyone gets a chance?  I know why (Peyton Manning didnt get the ball in OT once), but that is ridiculous.  Now we have more ties ... which is completely unacceptable.

Next we have this shitty hitting the QB penalty.  It has already taken away a win from GB.  For full disclosure, I was pulling for Minnesota.  But these rules are a joke.  I have no idea what a legal hit is on a QB is anymore.  Everytime a QB is hit, I am wondering if there is a flag.

This, and stuff like this (see catch rule), is what is killing the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dunnar said:

I wish we could punish the NFL in some way.  These rules are horseshit.

Why was OT shortened to 10 minutes?  What study showed people were getting injured in that last 5 minutes?  Why did they change it from sudden death, meaning the first team to score wins, to everyone gets a chance?  I know why (Peyton Manning didnt get the ball in OT once), but that is ridiculous.  Now we have more ties ... which is completely unacceptable.

Next we have this shitty hitting the QB penalty.  It has already taken away a win from GB.  For full disclosure, I was pulling for Minnesota.  But these rules are a joke.  I have no idea what a legal hit is on a QB is anymore.  Everytime a QB is hit, I am wondering if there is a flag.

This, and stuff like this (see catch rule), is what is killing the NFL.

Funny because Aaron Rogers is the reason that rule exists.  I would HIGHLY prefer the college style of overtime.

Anyhow I was pleased with the tie.  Vontae Davis....hahahaha

Edited by Jag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The QB rule is bullshit. Even legal hits are flagged. The hits that are legal on other players are now Apparently illegal on quarterbacks, many D-linemen are going to be reluctant to hit the QB which could cause all kinds of crazy Stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jag said:

HAHA.  Go Browns.  AND BILLS!  That was awesome!

Somehow the Bears lead their division.

NFL is crazy this year!

How do you feel about Trubisky as your franchise QB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Boag said:

Bet he feels better than I do about Dak……..:angry:

That was funny!

Although you probably don't think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He still has time.  As long as he is doing enough to win, we can wait.  This whole offense is new everything, the thing that concerns me most is his deep accuracy which is inconsistent.

My expectations will be higher coming out of the bye week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Browns should be 3-0.  Bills got lucky this week by a Vikings team that read too many shitty clickbait headlines last week.

The Bears... I think they might be for real.  Not Super Bowl for real but legit playoff contender for real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the highest level of anticipation I have had for a game in YEARS!

I cannot wait for Sunday's game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2018 at 7:57 PM, Dunnar said:

Bold Prediction: Seahawks finish last in their division.

They looked like a new team vs the Cowboys.  49'ers are done.  Cardinals suck, although they looked better with their fresh new qb.  I think the hawks go 2nd.  Rams look like superbowl favorites though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bonelesspizza said:

R.I.P Earl Thomas III

Yeah that is unfortunate.  Good thing he has millions of dollars saved...you would hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, anyone wanna talk about the bullshit call on Philip Lindsey during the Broncos/Ravens game?

Come on. That was him flailing in the pile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jag said:

The forward progress on Carr was BS.  Damn.

As was the reversal of the first down that would have put the Browns in kneel down mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MTGMTB said:

So, anyone wanna talk about the bullshit call on Philip Lindsey during the Broncos/Ravens game?

Come on. That was him flailing in the pile. 

People punch at the ball all the time.  It was clear he wasn't trying to hit the man.  His arm was making repeated punching though.  I duno if this one is that BS.  BS that it is an ejection for sure.  But I can see the foul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danny Amendola is the 4th WR this season to throw a TD pass (Odell Beckham, Albert Wilson, Emmanuel Sanders) So... NFL wide receivers have thrown for more TD passes this season (4) than the Buffalo Bills (3).

Lasraik and Dunnar like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that someone picked up a phone to call Derek Anderson to ask him to be their QB says all you need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jag said:

Danny Amendola is the 4th WR this season to throw a TD pass (Odell Beckham, Albert Wilson, Emmanuel Sanders) So... NFL wide receivers have thrown for more TD passes this season (4) than the Buffalo Bills (3).

 

7 hours ago, Dunnar said:

The fact that someone picked up a phone to call Derek Anderson to ask him to be their QB says all you need to know.

What drives me crazy is they traded A.J. Mccarren away before the season started.  I'm not saying the dude is Tom Brady but he's not Derek Anderson, either.  Their games are hard to watch, the MNF game will be brutal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2018 at 4:23 PM, Jag said:

Browns make the obvious end of last season move, in the middle of the current NFL season.  HAHA this org. 

Haslem is such an idiot.  He made the move that should have been done after last season.  I wish he would let Dorsey run things and get out of the way.

Either way, whomever comes here should be in good shape because this team should be set up for long term success.  They have a franchise QB, good RB, #1 WR, great DL with a stud end, pro bowl LB and a top flight corner ... all are 1st or 2nd year players except for the WR.  If we add some guys that can catch the ball, we'll be in great shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now