Dunnar

NFL 2018

64 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2018 at 10:46 PM, Lasraik said:

What drives me crazy is they traded A.J. Mccarren away before the season started.  I'm not saying the dude is Tom Brady but he's not Derek Anderson, either.  Their games are hard to watch, the MNF game will be brutal.

I didn't understand that either.  Side note ... last year at this time, Hue Jackson wanted to trade a second and third for AJ and our GM bungled the paperwork.  THANK GOD!!!!

So you are back to Peterman ... against the Bears ... with no backup.  And your D just played their asses off too.  Yikes!  That game has 40-10 written all over it.

3 hours ago, Dunnar said:

I didn't understand that either.  Side note ... last year at this time, Hue Jackson wanted to trade a second and third for AJ and our GM bungled the paperwork.  THANK GOD!!!!

So you are back to Peterman ... against the Bears ... with no backup.  And your D just played their asses off too.  Yikes!  That game has 40-10 written all over it.

I have been hurt too many times.  I was surprised the jets game was so smooth.  I hope its the same against the Bills.  I hope they rest Mack.

Overall the trade deadline was good for the bears.  Lions and GB both ditched starters to build for next year.

Fun tidbit.  Bears are favored by 10 points.  When was the last time the Bears were favored by 10 points?  2006 against the Arizona Cardinals.  Won after being down 20 points at halftime.  I was at a bar and grill will all my friends and every one of them was talking shit while I ate my fries.  I was feeling low.  Then that second half.  Damn.  I was running around the entire place with all the other Bear fans there that night.  High fiving and cheering in wild disbelief and excitement.  Highlights:

Followed by this epic piece of NFL history.

Dunnar likes this

That is one of the best moments I can remember.

True story ... me and my buddies used to go to Vegas every year.  Me and one of my friends left Monday morning while another one stayed behind.  The one that stayed behind bet the Cardinals on the money line.  He bet $100 and it paid like 10 to 1, so it was like a $1000 payout.

We got off the plane and started listening to it late in the 3rd ... knowing that our buddy had a substantial bet on the Cards.  We listened to the rest of the game on the ride home in utter disbelief.

After the game, we talked to my friend ... I have never heard him so disgusted.

They are who we thought they were is a running joke among me and my friends.

Jag and Lasraik like this

What a Sunday ... Bears, Browns, Bills and Cowboys all win.

When's the last time that the folks rooting here all celebrated on the same week?

In other news ... Rams v Chiefs O/U opens at 64.

Just commentating so that all the TGA forums have me as the most recent poster you get a faceful of Jazz.

Dunnar likes this

2 hours ago, Jazz said:

Just commentating so that all the TGA forums have me as the most recent poster you get a faceful of Jazz.

Like your mom did last night?

1 hour ago, Jag said:

Like your mom did last night?

Weak dude! I expected better!

2 minutes ago, Jag said:

So did my mom.

True, I was having an off-night that that time.

Hue 3-36-1

Gregg Williams 3-2

Amazing how the body responds after the tumor is removed

After spending years wandering around the back woods of NFL irrelevancy, it FINALLY feels like the Browns are building something.  Something that will be real, sustained and meaningful.

We're back baby!