Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Happy #FridayMTG! (3/30/18)

8 posts in this topic

Happy #FridayMTG!  Don't forget to give your favorite content creators a shout out today on social media using the #FridayMTG hashtag.  It's a great way to search and find new creators you haven't had a chance to catch yet.

Share in this thread the content you've enjoyed this week!

On 3/31/2018 at 8:18 AM, Lasraik said:

Unfortunately, it seems like the hashtag is starting to fizzle out on social media.

Yeah, it seems though the last couple Fridays have been focused on other things: This one was easter, March 16th was A25 release, etc.

I'm hoping it will pick back up again, but it relies heavily on the content creators want to keep it alive.

Lasraik likes this

6 hours ago, King of Jank said:

Yeah, it seems though the last couple Fridays have been focused on other things: This one was easter, March 16th was A25 release, etc.

I'm hoping it will pick back up again, but it relies heavily on the content creators want to keep it alive.

I hope it continues, there's a few people out there who still do it but it's not as many.  

King of Jank likes this

For me I feel like it's a delicate balance between tweeting the hashtag every week and feeling like I'm spamming my followers with it constantly. So I've been posting to the hashtag every other week instead of weekly.

When I first heard of the hashtag I regularly tweeted out my own content there, with a message along the lines of "Hey, here's my contribution to #FridayMTG this week."  I stopped after I realized that wasn't the intent of the hashtag, but maybe we could encourage regulars to add the hashtag to their tweets when they release videos throughout the week, that way on Friday when we're directing people to the hashtag there will be a lot of content there to see, in addition to our usual shoutouts and whatnot.

Then on Friday we can shout each other out and tweet out each other's videos, as we do now? I don't know, something to consider.

Lasraik likes this

3 hours ago, Affinity for MTG said:

For me I feel like it's a delicate balance between tweeting the hashtag every week and feeling like I'm spamming my followers with it constantly. So I've been posting to the hashtag every other week instead of weekly.

When I first heard of the hashtag I regularly tweeted out my own content there, with a message along the lines of "Hey, here's my contribution to #FridayMTG this week."  I stopped after I realized that wasn't the intent of the hashtag, but maybe we could encourage regulars to add the hashtag to their tweets when they release videos throughout the week, that way on Friday when we're directing people to the hashtag there will be a lot of content there to see, in addition to our usual shoutouts and whatnot.

Then on Friday we can shout each other out and tweet out each other's videos, as we do now? I don't know, something to consider.

Not spamming has been a concern for me, too.  I've wondered if it would be better to have a hashtag that we could use all week and have them trickle out instead of a flood every Friday.

King of Jank likes this

On 4/2/2018 at 11:06 AM, Lasraik said:

Not spamming has been a concern for me, too.  I've wondered if it would be better to have a hashtag that we could use all week and have them trickle out instead of a flood every Friday.

That seems like a good idea! #FridayMTG is so catchy though, it would be hard to replace.

Lasraik likes this

On 4/3/2018 at 9:06 PM, King of Jank said:

That seems like a good idea! #FridayMTG is so catchy though, it would be hard to replace.

Yeah it is catchy and has some familiarity with people.  Getting a new hashtag would help, but it would have to be a group effort to get it rolling.

King of Jank likes this