Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wolphard

Fantastic goals

4 posts in this topic

Last night, in the quarter final of the Champions League, Real Madrid played Juventus. Big clubs, great teams, huge ego's. Real destroyed Juventus with a 0-3 victory. The 0-2  was a fantastic overhead kick by (imo) the best player in the world: Cristiano Ronaldo. He scores a lot, and quite often beautifully. But this one was exceptional, even for him. That in itself was worth watching. The reaction of a stadium filled with Juventus fans even more so. They gave their opponent a standing ovation. Talk about respect. He accepted the praise graciously.

You have a goal delivered by one of the worlds most famous athletes, in one of the worlds most respected tournaments playing for one of the worlds most famous teams and the best/only highlight of it is a shitty vertical video from a cell phone?

THAT is a complete and utter abomination.  What the fuck!  (not directed at you @Wolphard, I know its probably a rights pissing match and/or country video thing)

Found this ... the highlight seemed much harder to find than it should have been.

I was looking for a video that held all 3 elements described. Knowing yout attention span, I didn't want you to lose interest having to click three video's. :) 

Good video indeed though. And it wás an epic goal. Especially because it came out of nowhere. At no point during the attack was I thinking: "This could become a goal." It reminded me of Van Bastens bicycle kick:

Technically even more perfect, and it went into the corner of the goal. Sadly not an epic opponent... Luckily he also has his goal against Russia in the '88 final still.

Started watching a documentary looking for this goal. I was 9 years old and still remember each and every game, gives me goosebumps. That semi vs. West Germany, god how we hated them still back then. It was the first and only time we ever won something significant. I had coloured a piece of paper into an orange flag, nailed it to a broom and walked all through town after the final.