Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Brawl not coming to MTG Arena yet

8 posts in this topic

Yeah, I'm unbelievably excited for the potential for limited formats on Arena, Brawl doesn't really matter to me at all.

With that said, I can't imagine Brawl would take a lot of time to develop/program so I'm sure it'll find its way on the program sooner or later. I mean, they seem to be trying to appeal to more casual players so Commander seems like a no-brainer, so I'm sure Commander/Brawl will be released together at some point.

Lasraik likes this

I have no interest in Brawl either.  With Wizards seemingly wanting to give Brawl a push I'm surprised they wouldn't include it in Arena to really help it (potentially) take off.

From a development standpoint it makes more sense not to include it because they've probably been developing Arena for a couple of years and Brawl is pretty new.  

On 4/14/2018 at 7:44 AM, Lasraik said:

I have no interest in Brawl either.  With Wizards seemingly wanting to give Brawl a push I'm surprised they wouldn't include it in Arena to really help it (potentially) take off.

From a development standpoint it makes more sense not to include it because they've probably been developing Arena for a couple of years and Brawl is pretty new.  

I would guess that Brawl was conceived long after Arena was, and it's better for them to focus on the stuff people really want... They have been careful about keeping the scope of Arena fairly narrow.

They need Arena to have at least one of (a) real constructed formats- Standard at least should be part of the game surely- and (b) draft or sealed.

The economy is still awful, which puts a lot of people off building constructed decks, as being hold of the rare and mythic cards you need is so hard, but at the minute the only play option is not-quite-Standard with no KLD/AER in the game. It's not entirely what will cause true Standard to become part of the game, but I expect it will just be time and the rotation in Sept/Oct time

Lasraik likes this

On 4/19/2018 at 2:43 PM, rainman said:

They need Arena to have at least one of (a) real constructed formats- Standard at least should be part of the game surely- and (b) draft or sealed.

The economy is still awful, which puts a lot of people off building constructed decks, as being hold of the rare and mythic cards you need is so hard, but at the minute the only play option is not-quite-Standard with no KLD/AER in the game. It's not entirely what will cause true Standard to become part of the game, but I expect it will just be time and the rotation in Sept/Oct time

It's too bad it didn't get released as Standard ready, it gives people the impression it's not a finished product and they might not come back.