Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pasanda

Plans for the weekend 13/4

6 posts in this topic

Had some leftover wood from the pergula build last week, so cutting them and making wood benches for under the pergula.  Also finishing the top layer hopefully.

Will post pictures when it's closer to complete but looking good so far.  Lots of work.

Last day in primary school Friday. So had a goodbye party with my 6th grade. Tidied up a bit so my successors can start properly tomorrow.

WP_20180413_16_26_41_Rich.thumb.jpg.903fbe766cb978814234c5097a344202.jpg

Yesterday the mrs. was at a friend's baby shower. I took the kids to the fair/annual market in our village. Small village, so it was tiny, but had a good time. Attended the tennis club's 110th anniversary party last night. Both as a member and as the local gymnastics club chairman. Early in the evening the chairmans of tennis-, footballclub and myself discussed plans for a combined camping event in summer. Good thing too, coz we all got quite hammered later on. Veerle has a friend staying over, and they decided to wake up at 6. :wacko: It's been lazy Sunday morning so far. This afternoon my parents are celebrating their 41st wedding anniversary with a barbecue. While attending that we'll be watching the Amstel Gold Race & keeping a close eye on PSV-Ajax. Íf we beat Ajax we're the national champion already. Would be cool to have our nr.1 rival having to form an honour guard for us. :) 

Fin had a birthday party yesterday. I had a tiny job of replacing the UV bulb in the pond filter (stops algae build up very effectively). When i moved the filter, i snapped two of the hoses, which have all gone brittle in the intervening 4-5 years. Had to buy some hose and a connector. The connector was the wrong size, so had to make a return trip. The hose was split in a few places, so had to make another trip. 15 minute job took a whole afternoon. Still waiting to see if it's leaking (just a few drops leaking will eventually empty the pond.)

Played some Lone Echo. Did a spot of shopping today and made a slow cooked beef curry from scratch this AM.

Started watching Lost in Space with Fin.