Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Trackballs and Ergonomic Mouse

14 posts in this topic

The last wireless mouse I've used (the last few) have frustrated me because they just weren't responsive enough for me.  I found this Logitech Trackball on Amazon and gave it a shot.  I was a little worried about the thumb handling all the movement and it causing more strain on my hand instead of other trackballs that you can use your fingers to go back and fourth and your thumb to press buttons.  So far it's been pretty comfortable.

I need another mouse and this time I want to go wired.  Started looking into an ergonomic mouse and wondered how comfortable they are.  

Do you prefer a trackball or a mouse and do you have any experience with ergonomic mouse?

Posted (edited)

I gave up on trackballs, and am still heartbroke, after Microsoft stopped production of their Trackball Explorer.  I tried quite a few, including an earlier version of the one posted, but couldn't get one that worked or felt the same.  I then moved on to a wireless mouse, but it ate batteries like a fat kid in a candy store.  I then switched to my current mouse which is a Logitech G700 wireless/rechargeable mouse ... and it is starting to get a bit long in the tooth.  The left-click button is starting to go out.  I understand its replacement is not all that, so I'm halfheartedly looking for another while I eek out a few more miles on the current one.

Edited by Elovia
Lasraik likes this

19 hours ago, Elovia said:

but it ate batteries like a fat kid in a candy store. 

I bought 4 cheap chinese rechargeables, which i've been using for the past 5 years. 2 on charge and two in the barrel. Never misses a beat. 

Stop using resources like there's no tomorrow, you... you... you... AMERICAN!

Lasraik likes this

11 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

I bought 4 cheap chinese rechargeables, which i've been using for the past 5 years. 2 on charge and two in the barrel. Never misses a beat. 

I ditched the wireless and went back to corded.  However before that and for all our console controllers rechargeable batteries are the way to go.

Lasraik likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Pasanda said:

As I mentioned, I'm currently using a G700 which is wireless or wired (and when wired, it recharges the batteries). Yeah, I didn't care for the amount of resources the old mouse required.

Logitech recently came out with a wireless mouse and wired mouse pad combo where the mouse bateries recharge inductively(?) during use. It looked interesting (when I last looked into it), but I haven't followed through watching its performance since it was announced. I'm curious about any potential long term health issues with daily and lengthy exposure.

Edited by Elovia

17 hours ago, Elovia said:

As I mentioned, I'm currently using a G700 which is wireless or wired (and when wired, it recharges the batteries). Yeah, I didn't care for the amount of resources the old mouse required.

Logitech recently came out with a wireless mouse and wired mouse pad combo where the mouse bateries recharge inductively(?) during use. It looked interesting (when I last looked into it), but I haven't followed through watching its performance since it was announced. I'm curious about any potential long term health issues with daily and lengthy exposure.

Never let little things like relevance and truth get in the way of a good racial slur. IMHO.

On 4/15/2018 at 2:21 PM, Elovia said:

I gave up on trackballs, and am still heartbroke, after Microsoft stopped production of their Trackball Explorer.  I tried quite a few, including an earlier version of the one posted, but couldn't get one that worked or felt the same.  I then moved on to a wireless mouse, but it ate batteries like a fat kid in a candy store.  I then switched to my current mouse which is a Logitech G700 wireless/rechargeable mouse ... and it is starting to get a bit long in the tooth.  The left-click button is starting to go out.  I understand its replacement is not all that, so I'm halfheartedly looking for another while I eek out a few more miles on the current one.

The Logitech trackball is working out OK, although the design forces your thumb to do most of the work so not sure it's all that efficient. 

On 4/17/2018 at 7:13 AM, MTGZuby said:

I have to use ergonomic mice now. No more gaming mice for me. Due to developing carpal tunnel I can no longer use normal mice.

Which mouse are you using now?  

On 4/17/2018 at 11:13 AM, JesGolbez said:

Trackballs? Those things still exist? Those were so 90s... 

I've only had one before that was given to me and I ended up really liking it.