Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pasanda

Plans for the weekend 11/5

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It's been a bit quiet around here so...

Out with a group of the Dads tonight. Having a curry and a pint up the village. Apparently, there's rugby on the box in the pub.

I might take Fin to see Avengers.

Got a new garden furniture set that needs a bit more wearing in, depending on the weather.

Mow the lawn - been thinking about getting one of those robot mowers, now that they've come down a lot in price. Anyone had any experience with them?

Edited by Pasanda
ChuckWagonMTG and Lasraik like this

3 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Mow the lawn - been thinking about getting one of those robot mowers, now that they've come down a lot in price. Anyone had any experience with them?

My robot son works great.  I get a little bit of an attitude, but he cuts the grass every week or so.

This weekend is Mother's Day ... so I have no choice in my schedule.  We are going to my mom's tonight.  Saturday night we are going to a cookout.  Not sure what is going on for Sunday.

My mother in law just moved into a nursing home with Alzheimers.  Not sure how my wife wants to handle that or what she wants to do.  She's pretty bad, you can't take her anywhere except maybe our house.

Hope all the mom's out there have a very Happy Mother's Day!

Image result for happy mothers day meme funny

Lasraik likes this

2 hours ago, Dunnar said:

My mother in law just moved into a nursing home with Alzheimers.  Not sure how my wife wants to handle that or what she wants to do.  She's pretty bad, you can't take her anywhere except maybe our house.

I'm really sorry to hear about your mother in law, send our best to your wife it has to be a tough situation.

This weekend my kids have their dance recitals today and Sunday.  Saturday I'll be hanging up some indoor/outdoor lights and water misters on the pergola.  I'll start posting pictures soon after.

We're having a four day weekend. Ascension Day is a national holiday, and most schools give their pupils the Friday after off too. Yesterday was uneventful. Sleeping in & watching the Giro d'Italia. Great finish on the Etna. Daughter went to a sleepover in the evening. This morning I did a 60km bike ride, and spent the afternoon organising stuff for our sports club. We've got a performance/recital coming up in 2 weeks, so did some preparation for that. On top of that our kickboxing group is growing so hard it needed some tweaking. Watched a great film with the mrs. tonight.

Tomorrow the boy and I are due for a haircut, and I too need to do some lawn work & gardening.

Sunday is Mother's Day here too. So, after letting the mrs. sleep in and fixing her breakfast in bed, we're off to visit my mum. The in-laws are on holiday luckily, so I'm hoping to do another ride in the afternoon.

On 5/14/2018 at 7:17 PM, Jag said:

Wow those look great! 

They really do. If those are the ribs, i'd hate to see the pig they came from. They're HUGE!!!.

Did you make your own marinade/whatever you call it? If so, how?

I bbq'd some pork kebabs on the weekend, Half were bbq flavour (Jack Daniels bbq sauce mixed with dark soft brown sugar) and half were chinese (dark soy sauce, honey and chinese 5 spices). I'm a complete amateur at bbq, and these were not that great. 

We've invited 15 neighbours and their kids around on the 9th June for a bbq, and i'm open to every tip i can get. I only have 57cm kettle bbq, so will probably have to either cook in shifts or ask a neighbour to borrow his.

6 hours ago, Pasanda said:

They really do. If those are the ribs, i'd hate to see the pig they came from. They're HUGE!!!.

I bbq'd some pork kebabs on the weekend, Half were bbq flavour (Jack Daniels bbq sauce mixed with dark soft brown sugar) and half were chinese (dark soy sauce, honey and chinese 5 spices). I'm a complete amateur at bbq, and these were not that great. 

We've invited 15 neighbours and their kids around on the 9th June for a bbq, and i'm open to every tip i can get. I only have 57cm kettle bbq, so will probably have to either cook in shifts or ask a neighbour to borrow his.

Visit bbqpitboys.com for more bbq information and recipes than you'll be able to process. Don't watch their videos when hungry or if you have immediate cravings for good bbq; otherwise, you'll just drive yourself nuts and I'm sure the other shoppers at the grocery store will appreciate you not doing combat shopping (note: voice of experience).

11 hours ago, Jag said:

I typically give em a rub the night before, sear them on the grill, then oven finish them for 2-4 hours depending with a bit a apple cider vinegar.

Give 'em a rub. Heh, rub one out the night before. I'm such a child.

3 hours ago, Jazz said:

Give 'em a rub. Heh, rub one out the night before. I'm such a child.

I'm sure everyone read that and thought the same thing.

But in your case, we understand your extra sensitivity.  A few minutes of joy where you can forget about your foot and experience some happiness.

Pasanda and Jazz like this

On 16/05/2018 at 11:24 AM, Pasanda said:

I have visions of beavis and butthead.

I kinda feel that is an insult to Beavis and Butthead.

22 hours ago, Dunnar said:

I'm sure everyone read that and thought the same thing.

But in your case, we understand your extra sensitivity.  A few minutes of joy where you can forget about your foot and experience some happiness.

I'm sure he phrased it deliberately to cause people to think that.

Hey, lots of time to do lots of rubbing! Its cleaning up after that is the problem.

On 5/15/2018 at 2:50 PM, Pasanda said:

A friend of mine had them prepared already for Saturday, so I didn't do much work on them other than help cook and enjoy them :) 

On 5/15/2018 at 3:21 PM, Jag said:

I typically give em a rub the night before, sear them on the grill, then oven finish them for 2-4 hours depending with a bit a apple cider vinegar.

Huh huh huh