Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Bestow and Blood Seeker

Question

Looking for clarification:

I have a Blood Seeker on the battlefield, and my opponent has Hopeful Eidolon.   My opponent pays the Bestow cost and it becomes a creature.  Does my opponent lose one life?  

81.jpg19.jpg

2 answers to this question

I'm not sure if you misunderstand how Bestow works or if I'm interpreting your post wrong, so let's go over everything.

First off, you can't pay the bestow cost when the creature is already in play. You can either play it as a creature (in this case a W 1/1 with lifelink) or you can pay 3W to get an aura. You can't pay the bestow cost to make it a creature, the only way it can become a creature is if the thing it is enchanting dies.

So, if they play it as an aura, it doesn't trigger Blood Seeker, because it doesn't count as a creature, it's an Aura Spell.
If they play it as an aura and then the creature it is enchanting dies, it "becomes a creature" while on the battlefield, so it doesn't trigger "enter the battlefield" effects at that point either.

So the simple answer is "No." :P 

On the other hand, if they play it as an enchantment targeting a creature, then you kill that creature in response while it's on the stack, THEN it would enter the battlefield as a creature and trigger Blood Seeker.