Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Announcement Day 2018

9 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Maybe I'm the minority, but I'm not excited about seeing Ravnica again so soon.  

I'm with you. I was hoping for a return to Theros (I didn't even really enjoy theros, but it was flavourful) or a new plane, not 6 months of Ravnica. Also does that mean shockland reprints?

Ravnica is my favourite block of all-time, but even this seems like a little much...that said, bring it on!

The video was cringe at its purist form. Why can't they act like normal people and have a conversation? It feels a bit insulting and uncomfortable to watch the forced bad puns and enthusiasm. Just because you are on camera doesn't mean you need to switch on to a mode.

Original Ravnica was SO cool, because the guilds were such a unique concept. I'm a little less excited this time around because it feels like we were JUST there, plus the guilds are kind of old news at this point.

Still, it's kind of fun when people start identifying with the guilds and building their decks more thematically. Here's hoping Rakdos doesn't have lame mechanics this time around! :P

On 5/18/2018 at 4:44 PM, JesGolbez said:

Ravnica is my favourite block of all-time, but even this seems like a little much...that said, bring it on!

The video was cringe at its purist form. Why can't they act like normal people and have a conversation? It feels a bit insulting and uncomfortable to watch the forced bad puns and enthusiasm. Just because you are on camera doesn't mean you need to switch on to a mode.

Oh yeah. The video sucked SO MUCH. "The Return to Return to Ravnica". My want to die was immense. 

I'm super excited for Ravnica though. I love the set, although I would have liked to see Theros or even Tarkir. 

Regardless, really, imaginary friend as a promo? Laaaaaaaaaame

King of Jank and JesGolbez like this

On 5/18/2018 at 1:29 PM, King of Jank said:

I'm with you. I was hoping for a return to Theros (I didn't even really enjoy theros, but it was flavourful) or a new plane, not 6 months of Ravnica. Also does that mean shockland reprints?

I would love a return to Theros.  Feel like there's a lot of untapped goodness there

King of Jank likes this