Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jazz

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer

22 posts in this topic

From the guys who brought you Witcher 3, comes something not Witcher-related! Based on the old tabletop game Cyberpunk 2020 (hey, 2020 was long in the future when it came out!), while its only a short trailer (though supposedly using the in-game engine) it looks to be absolutely fantastic!

ChuckWagonMTG likes this

I view this with what i consider to be a healthy dose of scepticism.

CD Project Red have so far shown themselves to deal with honour and dignity. So, thus far, i have reason to mistrust them.

This might... possibly be the in game engine. But it is not likely to be game play. The camera angles would not make it workable. Cut scenes, just maybe. Just my take.

I'm in.

Thanks for sharing though.

Yeah there are zero actual gameplay mechanics shown, so no idea how the game is actually gonna be played. Very eighties in style I thought, which is cool.

No game footage but talk on how the game will play. I noticed that while you can choose male or female I noticed the game developer kept referring to them as a woman ("Her", "She"), which coupled with the original teaser trailer they released in 2013 and the name V made me wonder if they were originally going to go with a female protagonist until they confirmed they could do both. Just theorycrafting from me.

Game footage! This is apparently really early production stuff, so early they weren't going to show it to the public because of fear of how people will take the unfinished work and how many features are not even finalised yet. In fact, let me just quote what their email said:

Dear Gamers,

The gameplay video we’re sharing with you was recorded from a game deep in development. Since many of the assets and mechanics in the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 are most likely to be modified, we initially decided to show this gameplay only to media. Elements like gunplay (both in terms of visuals and how RPG stats influence it), netrunning, car physics, or the game’s UI — everything’s pretty much still in the playtest phase and we felt uneasy about publicly committing to any particular design. Animation glitches, work-in-progress character facial expressions, early versions of locations — all this made us hesitant to release what you’re about to see.

However, we are also well aware that many of you want to see what the media saw. And although this is probably not the same game you’ll see on your screen when we launch, we still decided to share this 48-minute video with you. 

This is how Cyberpunk 2077 looks today. 

Let us know what you think!

ChuckWagonMTG and Pasanda like this

So, and just to be clear, this is the exact game-play footage we will see in the released game. Identical right.

Thanks for sharing. Not sure how i feel about it. First impressions are that it's a little too intense for my tastes. That doesn't mean i wouldn't try it or like it.

Edited by Pasanda
Jazz likes this

2 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

So, and just to be clear, this is the exact game-play footage we will see in the released game. Identical right.

Yeah, they are not going to make any more changes from what I understand, just sit on it until it ages like a fine wine and bring it out when it will be retro.

Pasanda likes this

2 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Yeah, they are not going to make any more changes from what I understand, just sit on it until it ages like a fine wine and bring it out when it will be retro.

Nice :)

Jazz likes this

2 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

Nice :)

And in regards to it being too intense, I'm sure you'll love it! It'll be like Witcher 3 probably, overwhelming start but once it gets going you'll be hooked! Plus, you're a graphics whore, look at those pretty pictures!

45 minutes ago, Jazz said:

And in regards to it being too intense, I'm sure you'll love it! It'll be like Witcher 3 probably, overwhelming start but once it gets going you'll be hooked! Plus, you're a graphics whore, look at those pretty pictures!

It is very pretty, i'll give it that. One of the things about the Witcher is that, whilst it was violent, there wasn't all that much of the violence to my mind, and the whole feel of the game was open, bright and airy; riding through fields of poppies and naked maidens. This looks dark, close, dingy, wet and miserable, as most post dystopian games seem to do.

Edited by Pasanda
Jazz likes this

5 hours ago, Pasanda said:

It is very pretty, i'll give it that. One of the things about the Witcher is that, whilst it was violent, there wasn't all that much of the violence to my mind, and the whole feel of the game was open, bright and airy; riding through fields of poppies and naked maidens. This looks dark, close, dingy, wet and miserable, as most post dystopian games seem to do.

So what you are saying is that it just needs a field of flowers for you to go gamboling in to enjoy it? :P

ChuckWagonMTG likes this

11 hours ago, Jazz said:

So what you are saying is that it just needs a field of flowers for you to go gamboling in to enjoy it? :P

That just about sums it up for me. 'Cept you neglected to mention the maidens.

Jazz likes this

Just now, Pasanda said:

That just about sums it up for me. 'Cept you neglected to mention the maidens.

Contradicting myself, IIRC, Witcher 3 was the first game in the series to NOT have nudity. 

Pity. His daughter was really quite hot (and, i assume, old enough for me to make that comment without worrying too much).

Jazz likes this

10 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

Contradicting myself, IIRC, Witcher 3 was the first game in the series to NOT have nudity. 

Pity. His daughter was really quite hot (and, i assume, old enough for me to make that comment without worrying too much).

Didn't the viking woman you could bang after beating her with your sword get nekkid?

And don't you get to at least view Ciri nekkid too in the steam bath? Assuming you don't choose to wear the towel of course. Sadly no banging, though being her adoptive father that would be a bit weird. She is old enough that in the books she has a lesbian love affair.

Oh lord. I have no recollection of either of those things. I think i wrapped myself in a towel, for some godforsaken reason. 

It was 3.5 years ago, i suppose. I feel like i've been robbed of a fantastic memory. DAMN YOU STRONG CIDER!!!

I would post pictures to help jog your memory, but am at work and they seem to frown on that sort of thing...

20 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I would post pictures to help jog your memory, but am at work and they seem to frown on that sort of thing...

I'm at work too, but Teamviewer and a vpn is my friend. I looked into it, and do not recall that at all. 

Jazz likes this

There is a particular youtube vid that covers the whole scene. I am now even more concerned that i found the tata's of the old lady talking to Ciri nicer than Ciri's

Jazz likes this

In an open plan office with people all around me, don't think a VPN will help me there. :P

And admit it, you're a GILF-lover!

It has me wondering, that's for sure. 

I have this recurring dream of a snooker ball in a sock.

Edited by Pasanda

1 hour ago, Pasanda said:

It has me wondering, that's for sure. 

I have this recurring dream of a snooker ball in a sock.

Snooker ball in a sock? What is that supposed to... wait hang, don't tell me I don't wanna know! :P