Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Do you care about shuffle feel?

5 posts in this topic

During card sleeve reviews I hear a lot about shuffle feel.  Do you care about shuffle feel?  Does it matter to you or come into consideration when you're buying sleeves?

I'm more concerned with the sleeves keeping my cards in good condition and being durable, I don't really care about shuffle feel all that much.

ChuckWagonMTG and JesGolbez like this

I do. I tend to do the mash shuffle with sleeves, but certain Ultra Pro sleeves (with cool art) had hard edges, so you can't mash them together without splitting the cards... I don't know why they switched to that, but it made it annoying. I can't really do the normal riffle shuffle with them,

MTGandME likes this

It's one of those things that I can tolerate, but I would prefer a nice shuffle feel. Since I just started playing in paper again, I only have 2 decks sleeved, but the sleeves are total opposites when it comes to shuffle feel. I have a modern deck in old KMC Hyper Mattes, and a standard deck in Ultra Pro Eclipses. I absolutely hated the Eclipses at first because of how sticky they were compared to the slick and smooth Hyper Mattes, but I got used to them over time. It started to feel normal and I wasn't really thinking about it...and then I played modern for the first time in weeks and the Hyper Mattes felt like a dream. I forgot how amazing they were!

Anyway, obviously the first priority is good, durable sleeves. Not only do I want them to protect my cards but I also don't want to have to constantly replace them. With that said, once you rule out all the low-quality sleeves, then I would definitely favor shuffle feel over all else.

I would never buy low-quality sleeves for the shuffle feel, so durability is my top concern, but after that I want sleeves that are slick like KMC Hyper Mattes. :)