How would you rate Dominaria?

Dominaria   10 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Dominaria?

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

It was pretty good. With the exception of card quality, it seems like a step in the right direction in a lot of ways. The set was a lot more fun and flavorful than usual (YARGLE) and thematically it felt like a breath of fresh air...which is ironic considering Dominaria is the plane we've spent the most time on. Since they work so far ahead, I figure it'll have little impact on Ravnica, but I hope it proves that Magic players like fantasy themes, which the game has strayed incredibly far away from over the past few years.

The mechanics weren't particularly great though, in my opinion. Sagas were interesting but nothing too crazy, Historic feels like a bit of a flop, and I've never really liked kicker in constructed format.

Nevertheless, I feel fairly positive about Dominaria as a whole and, though I'm not particularly stoked for Ravnica at the moment, I hope it means good stuff AFTER the Ravnica trilogy is done with.

JesGolbez likes this

I had to give my vote to "Very Good"

I think Sagas were kind of weird and dumb and having a legendary creature in each pack made the creatures feel less legendary to me because we were seeing them all the time.

Aside from that though, Dominaria was fantastic. After how bad XLN and RIX were for limited, it felt incredible to draft Dominaria. There were cards in Dominaria for just about everyone. Pauper players got cards like Ghitu Lavarunner, Commander players got all the new legendary creatures, Standard players got new staples that actually shook up the format and made many more decks viable, and even Legacy and Vintage players got a couple of new toys from Dominaria as well.

I may be slightly biased towards Dominaria for how it has helped change my life by growing my channel by 5-7 times what it was before Dominaria was released, but everything about this set was just so nice in my eyes.

I enjoyed it & am still enjoying building around it. As a Commander player there are so many gems & a few good reprints for me (such as Gilded Lotus).

Unlike a lot of people in my local community I enjoy the sagas and want to see more cards like it.

Want to see how post rotation goes for the set and which cards will stand out.

One of the better sets in recent memory. A good mix of nostalgia and new characters, plus legendary-matters in a way that was much better than Kamigawa.

"Historic" still does feel weird, granted, since a common short sword is...historic?

I like having a legend in every pack, plus the limited format was deep and strong.

I've been drafting since the tail end of Origins, so only a few years.  Nevertheless, Dominaria has been my favorite set to date.  I actually loved the legendary in every pack; they all seemed special to me, though some more special than others (Slimefoot, anyone?).  I felt like the archetypes were relatively easily built, I had a blast playing Gx ramp decks.  Soo much ramp, loved kicker myself.

As much as people hated it, BFZ/OGW was my second favorite draft set, and though I was bad at it at the time, I still fondly remember playing a deck that ended like a chess match with so many decisions to be made about if/when to sac a creature, when to block and how to attack (was in BW lifegain).

I'm thoroughly enjoying it, mainly thanks to the nostalgia hit. I have a Fallen Empires/3rd Ed. Thallid deck, so pulling Slimefoot in one of my first packs was a joy. All the little nods to those early editions make up for the weird quality of the cards, in my opinion.