Dunnar

Drink of choice

49 posts in this topic

Alright, I've found a new drink that I love. 

Muay Thais.

I drove up to Fort Collins this weekend with a couple of friends to play DnD. Our DM is hosting his sessions once a month at his apartment, and sent me a recipe for a mixer that he found. 

He mixed it after we were done with DnD. We decided to make all of the mixer cause why not. 

He then realized that we didn't have enough rum.

So we cracked open the Jack Daniel's. 

At the end of mixing, it was like 60% Jack and 40% rum. 

It was better like this. 

We were also hammered in like 10 minutes. 

It was a great night. 

On 8/13/2018 at 5:56 AM, Pasanda said:

...and the recipe is?

"Orange juice, Pineapple juice, grenadine syrup, mango rum, all into a glass with ice, a pineapple wedge, a cherry, and a bendy straw"

He also made like 16 parts of itall into a big ol' jug. That's where the Jack came in when we ran out of rum. 

Pasanda and Dunnar like this

1 hour ago, Elovia said:

It probably needs one of those tiny umbrellas, too.  :D

Alas, we couldn't find any ;-; it was a damn good drink though. I'll let you guys know our other drink selections throughout our campaign.

Posted (edited)

I'm going to try to make a mojito tonight. My first attempt resulted in something very strong.

I had them before, nothing special. But the last one was outstanding! I got the recipe, but not the amounts. Not sure I can replicate it without access to fresh sugarcane. 

20180714_191331.thumb.jpg.bed77ceb24b8f908be03c5e2420bb881.jpg

Edited by Dunnar

Over the summer i developed a cocktail that i served at two gatherings.

Passionfruit, lime, and Elderflower Gin and Tonic.

The heart of it is Elderflower Gin (3 parts). There are a few brands in the uk and this is the one i've been using. https://www.amazon.co.uk/J-J-Whitley-Elderflower-Gin-70/dp/B01FV8TYX4/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1534705506&sr=8-3&keywords=elderflower+gin

I can't find one on Amazon US. I guess you could add this to standard Gin. https://www.amazon.com/Blossoms-Syrup-Elderflower-Premium-Cocktail/dp/B076VTHVC4/ref=sr_1_8_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1534705451&sr=8-8&keywords=elderflower+gin

Passion fruit juice (1 part). We use this exact one. https://www.amazon.com/Rubicon-Passion-Fruit-1ltr-Single/dp/B014SX30LA/ref=sr_1_15_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1534705764&sr=8-15&keywords=passionfruit+juice+drink

A slice and a squeeze of fresh lime.

6-9 parts sugar-free lime-flavoured tonic water (to taste really). Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Indian-Tonic-essential-Waitrose/dp/B01MDQ891W/ref=sr_1_8_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1534705902&sr=8-8&keywords=lime+tonic

Ice to serve, or refrigerate all the contents before compiling.

Experiment with the different proportions. It's a very refreshing summer drink that was loved by all.

I'm certain it's original and I'm looking for a name for it.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Over the summer i developed a cocktail that i served at two gatherings.

I'm certain it's original and I'm looking for a name for it.

Because it seems like drinks need a risque name ... Old Fuck.  Elderflower (old) + passionfruit (fuck).  Note:  not to be served in polite company (like with Canadians), and if you're there, we assume it isn't.  :)

Edited by Elovia

9 hours ago, Elovia said:

Because it seems like drinks need a risque name ... Old Fuck.  Elderflower (old) + passionfruit (fuck).  Note:  not to be served in polite company (like with Canadians), and if you're there, we assume it isn't.  :)

I love it. Elder Passion. Could call it old shag, or similar for more sensitive ears.

Any income received will result in due royalties. I will, of course, determine what "due royalties" actually means, should this get to a court of law.

Thanks for you help, podner.

I know some guys who brew their own beers. They give them names like Massive Cock. Named for a massive cockerel naturally, not at all because they like to say that you are swallowing their massive cock...

26 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I know some guys who brew their own beers. They give them names like Massive Cock. Named for a massive cockerel naturally, not at all because they like to say that you are swallowing their massive cock...

Sounds like a giveaway beer to me. You know, to see how many people they can get to swallow their massive cock. Better as a sales product to say how many paid to swallow their ...

Juvenilish body humor never gets old, right?

Posted (edited)

Right!

Reminds me of an old story. My best mates' brother has a nickname - "pintobollox". So named because his party trick was to lay his winkie across the top of a pint glass, and his bollox could reach the bottom of a pint glass. Yes, he had very long bollox. It doesn't take much to become a legend in South Wales you know butt.

Edited by Pasanda

5 minutes ago, Elovia said:

Juvenilish body humor never gets old, right?

Pas really opened himself up (pun intended) to some childish ridicule when asking for a name for his creation.

We could have answered things like Gay Briton, Essence of Pasanda, Gin and Tonic: Homo version ... but we didn't do that.  Proud of everyone ...maybe we are growing up.

Pasanda likes this

1 minute ago, Dunnar said:

Pas really opened himself up (pun intended) to some childish ridicule when asking for a name for his creation.

We could have answered things like Gay Briton, Essence of Pasanda, Gin and Tonic: Homo version ... but we didn't do that.  Proud of everyone ...maybe we are growing up.

I'm really quite disappointed actually.

Dunnar likes this

Posted (edited)

Home made mojito.

Little seltzer, teaspoon of sugar 

Added some mint, crushed it with a beater.

Couple shots of limon rum

Lots of ice. Added some lime juice

Added teaspoon of sugar, few more mint leaves. 

Topped off with seltzer 

153489725750647039491093753543.thumb.jpg.7cf685d46f1a3a7f78168951f88f4bee.jpg

Turned out to be fantastic!

Edited by Dunnar
Pasanda likes this

We don't generally refer to any product here as Seltzer, so i looked into it. Turns out it's not that clear in the US either, as wikipedia says it can mean either carbonated water, soda water, or tonic water. We have all 3 of those and they're quite different. Do you know specifically what yours was?

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

We don't generally refer to any product here as Seltzer, so i looked into it. Turns out it's not that clear in the US either, as wikipedia says it can mean either carbonated water, soda water, or tonic water. We have all 3 of those and they're quite different. Do you know specifically what yours was?

41y8H2Q54SL._SY355_.jpg

Generally, tonic water, seltzer water, carbonated water and club soda are interchangeable and depending on the region of the country you are in.  Its like pop, soda, or Coke ... region specific. 

kielsoda.003.jpg

Looking into it now, I just found out there are slight differences in each.  I used the Canada Dry tonic water above.  Maybe I need to try the others and see if there is a difference.

Edited by Dunnar

I bought some soda water and made another mojito. Holy shit ... Absolutely fantastic!

Thanks Pas for asking about the difference between seltzer and club soda. Huge difference. I'm going to need more mint.

Don't need as much sugar and used more rum :D

Edited by Dunnar

I like sake, most Friday Night Magic sessions at my place start with a shot or two. I have great memories of travelling through Japan with my two best mates in summer. Green tea ice cream and sake always sends me back. One of those mates passed away a few months ago, so that feeling of going back has become more precious. He was an old school MtG player like me; we took a couple of Kamigawa decks and hammed it up a little. Good times :-)

I like a wide variety of cocktails and a decent number of beers, ales, meads, and wines. My usual on-hands are: Jameson Irish Whiskey, Kraken rum, a random bottle of vodka, and some form of light beer or hard cider. On special occasions I'll pick up a scotch such as Laphroaig, Glenmorangie, or Macallan, or a sipping tequila such as Don Julio 1942 or Tres Generaciones Romance.

1 hour ago, Molimo said:

I like a wide variety of cocktails and a decent number of beers, ales, meads, and wines. My usual on-hands are: Jameson Irish Whiskey, Kraken rum, a random bottle of vodka, and some form of light beer or hard cider. On special occasions I'll pick up a scotch such as Laphroaig, Glenmorangie, or Macallan, or a sipping tequila such as Don Julio 1942 or Tres Generaciones Romance.

You have an enviably broad taste in Whiskey there. The difference between Laphroaig and Glenmorangie is like chalk and cheese. One is like drinking smooth nectar and the other like a bucket of earth.