Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

No Man's Sky Next

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried No Man's Sky Next?  I'm hearing some really positive feedback from it after the last big update.

ChuckWagonMTG likes this

I just don't have the patience for grindy games anymore, I wouldn't be able to sit and play a game like DAoC now.

21 hours ago, Lasraik said:

I just don't have the patience for grindy games anymore, I wouldn't be able to sit and play a game like DAoC now.

QFT.

Enjoying it a lot.  Yeah, it's a little grindy, but that can be a good thing for mindless relaxation.  Except, it isn't quite mindless at the same time.  Hard to explain.  You have to always be conscious of your inventory levels and empty inventory slots.  There are more types of things than slots available ... until you get multiple hauler ships and exocraft, and until you expand your exosuit inventory ... but that's another story ...

The early game is a challenge, and it can feel like you're flailing trying to keep your head above water.  Mid-game is fun because there is so much to do.  I haven't seen late game yet, so no word on how that will play out.  I've got well over 60 hours in with many, many more to go, so I'd say at $30 price point there's good entertainment value.

I've mentioned elsewhere here, that I can spend a lot of time, or just a little in-game, and still accomplish goals.  So it isn't necessarily a tedious grind ... it's the busy kind.  Later on, when you get a refiner, you can actually multiply materials by looping them through selected recipes (e.g., 2x -> 1y -> 4x, repeat).  This cuts down on the need for roaming and gathering stuff, but also puts a bit of a squeeze on available inventory space.

I dropped by tonight because I had to say goodbye to an old friend - my third fighter ship purchased with hard earned money from the early days (the first two were not very memorable or notable: the first was a free starter, and the second was a minor upgrade to the starter).  This ship (shown below) is perhaps one of the coolest little fighters that I've seen in-game, was a class upgrade (i.e., from C to B), cost me a cool 1.35 million units, and I haven't seen another quite like it around the trading posts or space stations.  Unfortunately it didn't have very many slots for inventory and tech upgrades (it had only 17+3).  We downed a good number of pirates, that ship and I, and found multiple planets in multiple systems together. I kept it as long as I could until I finally acquired the max number of ships I can have (6), and had to pass it off in favor of another model (a shuttle, no less) with more available space.

nms-ftr1.thumb.jpg.837de6e8f342503163af8d909da6d8d0.jpg

Edited by Elovia
Pasanda and Jag like this

Looks like the bastard child of a coupling between an x-wing and a TIE-fighter.

Edited by Pasanda