Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

No Man's Sky Next

31 posts in this topic

Does the mulitplayer allow Steam and GOG players to play with each other?

6 hours ago, Jazz said:

I haven't read anything definitive, probably because MP is still relatively new.  For that matter, the universe is shared, but are there multiple universes each exclusive to their respective platforms?  I kind of think not, and that's just my opinion.  The shared universe existed prior to MP.  The question is, "where is the repository of collected information, and who controls the data servers?"

tl;dr  ... Dunno.

10 minutes ago, Elovia said:

I haven't read anything definitive, probably because MP is still relatively new.  For that matter, the universe is shared, but are there multiple universes each exclusive to their respective platforms?  I kind of think not, and that's just my opinion.  The shared universe existed prior to MP.  The question is, "where is the repository of collected information, and who controls the data servers?"

tl;dr  ... Dunno.

I only asked because I originally had it on GOG but refunded it and got it on Steam when they couldn't confirm whether it would be cross-client or whatever the fuck you call GOG and Steam, and didn't want to take the risk since I had already suffered that issue with Grim Dawn (GOG and Steam versions cannot do multiplayer together and wound up having to buy the game again to play with people).

Elovia likes this

See there's your first problem - wanting to play with others.  :P

If history is any indication, GoG and Steam may not offer cross-platform play (nor with XBox or PlayStation).

It's worth checking into if you want to bear the presence of others in your fortress of solitude.

Edited by Elovia
Jazz likes this

15 hours ago, Jazz said:

Not according to this post at the GoG forums.

Edited by Elovia