Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

No Man's Sky Next

155 posts in this topic

It was really fun, this update is in the rotation, but prob not until the end of April.

Posted (edited)

A couple updates later ... (yeah, I've been lackadaisical about this) ... the latest update, Desolation, includes new space encounters along with other QOL features.  A previous update added cross-play for all game platforms (i.e., PC, PS, XBox) so those of you who purchased on Steam can now play with those dirty GoG peasants (provided they set their network options to allow it).

Complete notes on the latest Desolation Update are ... here.

And a video left here for your entertainment ...

(disclosure:  I haven't played this or any of the latest updates since well before my last post on this topic, so I can't speak for the current state of game stability on your machine.  I merely provide this update notification as a public service for those of you who may not have heard.)

Edited by Elovia
Boag likes this

I had a play for free month back in May and tried it.  It was ok but the controls were very clunky to me.  Astroneer or Stationeer both had better control with Astro being the best of the 3 IMO.  Thou Sky has the most area to explore.  All in all it was ok/good but there are other games that I already own that give me the same type of game play.    

Elovia likes this

Posted (edited)

Despite the great strides Hello Games has made in developing No Man's Sky, I suspect they will get eclipsed as a has-been when or if Star Citizen is ever released.  I'm sure other games do this genre better, and some worse (I'm looking at you, Planet Nomads), but evidence indicates a latent demand exists for a yet to be released truly great example of this type of game - one that includes a lot of polish and few bugs.  When that day arrives, that title (whatever it is), will certainly dominate the sci-fi exploration/simulation market ... much like WoW did with online fantasy MMOs.

Just my two copper ...

Edited by Elovia
Boag likes this