Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dunnar

Books

3 posts in this topic

I know in our old address, we had a recommended reading forum.

Jag recommended the Dresden Files.  I was very thankful for the recommendation and for the introduction to Harry Dresden.  So much so that I have read the series twice and will no doubt read it a 3rd time in advance of the 16th book.

I have a recommendation of a different sorts.  Letters from a Nut.  I have not gotten very far but I can say, without a doubt, it is the funniest piece of reading material I have ever encountered.  Routinely making me laugh out loud ... much to the chagrin of my family.

It was written by Ted L Nancy ... who may or may not be a real name.  The letters were gathered and put together by some comedian named Jerry Seinfeld.

For example ... he wrote a letter to the president of the American Seating company inquiring about the proper way to exit a stadium seat ... crotch first or butt first.  Given the conundrum of placing your butt or crotch in ones face, he inquired which was the proper way and provided a potential solution.

Posted (edited)

I was given the David Attenborough autobiograpy for Christmas. I think it's called "Life on Air". My love of DA is sufficent to state that i will definitely read this, eventually. I took it to the US in July and managed around 70 pages, by trying very hard. This is no reflection of the quality of the book. If anything, it's a reflection of having an 8YO. 

I'm so looking forward to retiring.

Edited by Pasanda

I need to read more often.

The last book I remember that was significant in size was Atlas Shrugged. Good book, but LONG. 

@Dunnar if you liked the modern day aspect of Dresden Files, you might like another series called The Iron Druid Chronicles. An old Celtic Druid walks the earth, fighting off ancient love gods and Thor himself even. It's a good series.

Dunnar likes this