Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Titcher

commander
Lord Windgrace Landfall

11 posts in this topic

Some powerful cards in there.  Might want to try for a couple more creatures with Landfall to take advantage of all the lands that you'll be getting, but overall looks like fun.

Titcher likes this

It seems like you have all the cards that initially come to mind. 

Have you considered Wayword Sword Tooth or Exploration as repetitions of Azusa. 

Angry Omnath could be a finisher in this deck as well. Eternity Vessel is janky card that could save you late game.

It might be nice to bring in some creature recursion and sac effects to fully get use out of Worldshaper and ETBs like Whip-tongue Hydra

Titcher likes this

On 12/08/2018 at 8:35 PM, Lasraik said:

Some powerful cards in there.  Might want to try for a couple more creatures with Landfall to take advantage of all the lands that you'll be getting, but overall looks like fun.

I would love to have more landfall cards but I really only wanted landfall cards that created a permanent effect such as a token or +1 counters that stuck. Didn't seem worth it for cards such as when a land enters +2 until end of turn or do one damage.

If you know of any landfall cards I have missed though let me know

Lasraik likes this

On 12/08/2018 at 9:16 PM, King of Jank said:

It seems like you have all the cards that initially come to mind. 

Have you considered Wayword Sword Tooth or Exploration as repetitions of Azusa. 

Angry Omnath could be a finisher in this deck as well. Eternity Vessel is janky card that could save you late game.

It might be nice to bring in some creature recursion and sac effects to fully get use out of Worldshaper and ETBs like Whip-tongue Hydra

I will definitely have a look at the cArds you mentioned thanks for the suggestions.

With regards to sac effects and recursion I thought about them but didn't want to try to too many things with the deck and end up being a bit all over the place with it.

King of Jank likes this

Hey, I have a question. Maybe I should have just started a thread, but this landfall thing is essentially the reason I'm asking. Involving Panharmonican...

Lands hitting the battlefield aren't going to double landfall triggers, as Panharmonican specifies "when a creature or artifact enters the battlefield". But what about the Mirrodin artifact lands, such as Tree of Tales, etc.? I'm assuming they would trigger any landfall you have going?

(Also assuming you can even play the Mirrodin lands, since they are banned just about everywhere.)

On 8/22/2019 at 2:55 PM, Oktayne the Red said:

Hey, I have a question. Maybe I should have just started a thread, but this landfall thing is essentially the reason I'm asking. Involving Panharmonican...

Lands hitting the battlefield aren't going to double landfall triggers, as Panharmonican specifies "when a creature or artifact enters the battlefield". But what about the Mirrodin artifact lands, such as Tree of Tales, etc.? I'm assuming they would trigger any landfall you have going?

(Also assuming you can even play the Mirrodin lands, since they are banned just about everywhere.)

That's interesting, I didn't read the text closely enough.  Artifact lands should do the trick, though.