Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pasanda

Latest family addition

15 posts in this topic

I am pleased to introduce my KT-MTG family to the newest member of my home family. Meet Winnie.

5b7d597cd417a_2018-08-1914_03_34.thumb.jpg.42a98538d4013ef7955660cb85a3607a.jpg5b7d5992eaa32_2018-08-1717_19_18.thumb.jpg.7358093a257d10c00eb30527504699b4.jpg

Winnie is a 9 week old Comfort Doodle. Or "mongrel" as i prefer to call her. Her father is a Miniature Poodle (next one up from a toy poodle) and her mum is a Comfort Retriever which, i am given to understand is an American breed based on a golden retriever, but bred to be smaller. So, a Mini-Comfort-Golden-Doodle if you like.

She has a lovely temperament - very friendly too all people (who generally seem convinced she's actually a living teddy bear, and i can see why). She's quiet, sleeps well, and shits pretty much everywhere, whenever she wants. Her and Fin have very quickly become inseparable; she's joined to his heels as he walks around the house.

Jag, King of Jank, Lasraik and 4 others like this

1 hour ago, Dunnar said:

That is awesome, congrats! 

My kids would LOVE a dog ... sadly my wife is not a dog person.

All it takes is your opinion, and that'd be 3-1. Simple maths.

Allergies? No problem. There are several hypoallergenic breeds!

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

All it takes is your opinion, and that'd be 3-1. Simple maths.

Allergies? No problem. There are several hypoallergenic breeds!

Its my wife's cleanliness problem.  And the fact that she is adamant against getting a dog.

Our cat died awhile back.  One of the few times in our marriage where I put my foot down and said we are getting a pet.  I gave her a choice, tell me what you want, or I will pick out what I want (meaning dog).  She told me to get a cat.

I brought him home from the shelter.  He jumped on her lap ... and sneezed in her face.  She didn't find it as amusing as I did.  11 years later ... best cat we could have ever hoped for.

One of my favorite marriage stories ...

She told me a story about her old boyfriend and came home with a puppy.  She said she was so mad at him that she didn't speak to him for a month.

My reply was, wait a minute, he got a dog and didn't have to talk to you for a month?  Sign me up.

All I got in return was "the look"

Edited by Dunnar

8 hours ago, King of Jank said:

Thats a cute dog. Do you know if that cross has coat-matting issues? I know Labradoodles (poodle-lab retriever mix) need to be brushed daily, something most owners of that breed have no clue about.

She will need grooming. We've been told monthly, but i'm tight and will try to persuade my wife to go every two months. She also needs trimming around her eyes and nose regularly (the dog that is... badum-tish). My wife is bathing and brushing her weekly at the moment, but i suspect that will lessen over time.

bonelesspizza likes this

I love animals.  I really do.  Not as much as I hate cleaning up crap and/or having my yard smell like dog crap.

So no dogs for us.  We have a cat who hunts mice like a boss, and a couple neighbors with well behaved Doggos.

Edited by Jag

1 hour ago, Jag said:

I love animals.  I really do.  Not as much as I hate cleaning up crap and/or having my yard smell like dog crap.

So no dogs for us.  We have a cat who hunts mice like a boss, and a couple neighbors with well behaved Doggos.

I get that. She's not house trained yet, so we're having daily "gifts" in random places. Today it was the boot of my car. Lucky her crap has solidified over the past week. Pools of diarrhea on the bedroom carpet is no fun. It's certainly testing my resolve.

16 hours ago, Jag said:

Cats just puke all the time.  That's why I have a bottle of carpet cleaner on my desk with some paper towels.

You know when the puking is about to start ... but the little shit won't let you put a paper towel underneath him.  He'll move as to puke on the carpet and avoid the paper towel.

We have wood flooring throughout the first level of the house.  He will make a point to go on the carpet to puke.  Its fantastic.