Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WarlordHank

Hey Kitchen Table Crowd!

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!  I'm John aka WarlordHank.  I make some sub-par videos over on youtube and am fairly active on the twitters promoting other small content creators.

I'm currently looking to find some friendly LGSs in the circle

4hourmap.thumb.jpg.55d7a03f57ef53ab0a146621f5f00c2e.jpg

I hope to visit a bunch of stores that have a more casual crowd this coming winter.  If any of you know one that might fit the bill, please let me know!

Hey John, I'm a bit outside the circle being way up in Ottawa, but best of luck in your search and welcome to Kitchen Table MTG!  Pretty good group of folks here.

WarlordHank likes this

Hey John,

Hope you're still reading this!  Just wanted to add that I found your recent video on starting to restore that delightful Underground Sea to be pretty interesting!  I'd be interested in seeing how it turns out as a final product, and am also interested in more about 5C magic, as I read about it in an old magazine and it sounds fascinating. :)  Cheers

On 8/25/2018 at 10:56 AM, MTGandME said:

Hey John, I'm a bit outside the circle being way up in Ottawa, but best of luck in your search and welcome to Kitchen Table MTG!  Pretty good group of folks here.

Maybe someday I'll make a tour of Canada.  Lots of great places to play up there it seems!

On 8/25/2018 at 0:29 PM, Affinity for MTG said:

Hello! I'm a little outside of your circle (southeastern Ohio), but welcome to the forums!

Ohio, even eastern, is probably doable given the right circumstances.  Maybe sometime in 2019!

17 hours ago, MTGandME said:

Hey John,

Hope you're still reading this!  Just wanted to add that I found your recent video on starting to restore that delightful Underground Sea to be pretty interesting!  I'd be interested in seeing how it turns out as a final product, and am also interested in more about 5C magic, as I read about it in an old magazine and it sounds fascinating. :)  Cheers

I've attached an image of where the card is currently after more cleanup.  I think I'm going to leave it like this for the time being.

5 Color was a neat format, and is still around, though not played by many.  You can find the current rules here ( http://5-color.com/ ) but they've changed a lot since the early days. I think ownership of the site has even changed hands, and none of the original folks are involved anymore. But it was VERY common to have expensive cards severely marked up. Everything from dual lands, to moxen, and even completely wrecked lotuses. I think the format was mostly a way to say "Look at how I don't give a crap about these expensive cards!"  I think EDH is a superior casual format!

Dlig6b-XsAAzwRu.jpg

MTGandME likes this