Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Dealing with bulk

3 posts in this topic

Planning on selling off most of my collection, but I'm curious what you all think about selling or trading bulk.  If I walk into a store or sell on a site like eBay, chances are each card will be worth a penny or so.  

If I take the time to sort and organize, then sell on TCGPlayer or trade via a site like CardSphere is it worth it?

This is what I'm debating now, I think I'll get more from selling or trading but the time it takes to organize and list can be painful.

What do you all think or what have you done in the past?

MTGandME and King of Jank like this

5 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Planning on selling off most of my collection, but I'm curious what you all think about selling or trading bulk.  If I walk into a store or sell on a site like eBay, chances are each card will be worth a penny or so.  

If I take the time to sort and organize, then sell on TCGPlayer or trade via a site like CardSphere is it worth it?

This is what I'm debating now, I think I'll get more from selling or trading but the time it takes to organize and list can be painful.

What do you all think or what have you done in the past?

For many stores, the cards aren't even worth 1 cent a piece; it's more like 1/3rd of a cent each (or somewhere around $2.50 - $3.50 per thousand).   It honestly depends on the bulk.  I can usually buylist, from commons/uncommons, about $10-$20 worth of cards per hour of searching and comparing to the large local store's online buylisting system.

Honestly? I've had the most luck selling bulk through a local geek market/garage sale, followed by Kijiji (similar to craigslist).   Through Kijiji, I usually list at $10 per thousand, and I'm willing to take as low as $3ish, but most of the time get close to what I'm looking for.  Plus it has the added bonus of moving larger amounts of cards at once. :)

Lasraik likes this