Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
King of Jank

modern
Infect making a comeback?

3 posts in this topic

I've seen a bit of resurgence in Modern Infect, but the lists don't seem that different from what I can remember, aside from a playset of blossoming defence. Any ideas why Infect is starting up again?

22 minutes ago, King of Jank said:

I've seen a bit of resurgence in Modern Infect, but the lists don't seem that different from what I can remember, aside from a playset of blossoming defence. Any ideas why Infect is starting up again?

Maybe it's part of the natural ebb and flow of the format?  Infect can be quite explosive, but was weak to specific hate (that's why git probe was banned, right? It let infect know to go in right away for the early kill).  With other 'fair' but powerful decks like Humans being played, maybe it's worth gambling on the fast kill with Infect again?  

bonelesspizza likes this

Infect is always strong and will be a deck forever in top tier Modern.

The simple win plan of attack with a creature and give it at least +9/+0 until end of turn and win.. is always going to play.

It is possible that it is making a comeback as it is cheaper  ("$ 790 " per MTG goldfish) and easy to pilot.

Git probe was banned for many reasons, not just infect.. Death Shadow as well as others..