bonelesspizza

Help with deck building

11 posts in this topic

I have been playing magic for a while and i need help with deck building. I want to take my game to the next level but i have trouble with deck building. I would be happy for any advice. I could send a list of the cards that i have if that would help.

I want to make a control deck. My plan for it is to be a blue green, I would counter my opponent then play Grunn and then make him unlockable. Have 4 Grunn, and 4 Of the instants that make target creature unlockable. I also am trying to make a black red agro but I cant seem to make it work.

So if you are going U/G and want to play counter/Grunn.. then I would also play cards to help you find the counters and play Grunn...

Thankfully you are in Blue for card draw spells and Green for ramp spells (search for lands)

In addition to your 4ofs already I would sprinkle in card draw and ramp so that your deck would get to counter/Grunn more consistantly.

B/R Aggro needs some sort of theme.. are you doing vampires?.. or Minators?.. Madness?  Burn/Drain?

2 minutes ago, bonelesspizza said:

I am doing a pirate Minotaur theme. I have Angrath the Minotaur pirate and Chandra bold pyromancer. They work well but the deck around them doesnt seem to suppor

Those are both heavy casting cost for R/B aggro. I'm generally not an aggro player but I would suggest some cheaper CMC creatures and early burn support to get you to where you can cast either of those Plainswalkers.