Mantadiablo

Getting to know me...

8 posts in this topic

Hello all... My granddaughter always tells me: "Share, share, that's fair"..So, here's my "Share" for the day.

The first booster box that I ever bought: Revised

Highest price ever paid for a single card: $4.50 for a signed Alpha "Living Wall" (Bought back in 1994) Started my wall collection

First starter deck purchased: Ice Age (Less than $5.00 back in the day)

Most money ever paid for a single pack: $12 for a Beta booster

Best trade ever made:  Beta 2 BOP ,1 Beta Savannah & 1 Beta Armageddon for a 1 Beta Black lotus , 1 Alpha Wall of Water & 1 Beta Wall of Stone

Favorite Card: "Beta"  Icy (Best picture out of all the remakes)

% of my collection that is still Near Mint condition: 90%( Most of the Alpha, Beta, and Revised) As I collected more in the beginning and started playing more heavily between 3rd and Ice age

Total cards still owned: A lot.. If I were to guess, I'd say around 25,000 ish?

Here are just a couple pictures:

0915181517.jpg

0915181531.jpg

0915181547.jpg

0915181851.jpg

Nice! I love the signed Living Wall, such a groovy card. My first starter was from Revised Edition, and I pulled a Demonic Hordes, which I ended up swapping for a Shivan Dragon. After that, my fate was sealed, collecting all kinds of red decks down through the ages :-) What are you up to these days with your Magic collecting/playing?

I think the most I ever spent on a card was $35 Nicol Bolas. I do like that wall though... I only have about 4,000 cards because I have only recently really started getting into MTG.

15 hours ago, M4cr0Dutch said:

Nice! I love the signed Living Wall, such a groovy card. My first starter was from Revised Edition, and I pulled a Demonic Hordes, which I ended up swapping for a Shivan Dragon. After that, my fate was sealed, collecting all kinds of red decks down through the ages :-) What are you up to these days with your Magic collecting/playing?

The short answer is... I am just now, trying to get back into playing. I researched to see what was on its way out and then bought 2 booster boxes of M19 and pre-ordered a box of Guilds..Hopefully I can build a Great deck and then go hit up the local gaming shop to see how I do in a small tourney... Then, who knows. Never stopped collecting. My next post, I will put up my "Walls" collection. I have walls from each original edition that they appeared in, and then the foil versions when foils started. Unfortunately, I stopped collecting foil walls after like Prophecy edition or so. I should start it back up, just for fun.

M4cr0Dutch likes this

8 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Great looking pictures!

How do you store your collection?

Typically any of my "older" cards (Urza's Block and before), I keep in soft  sleeves, inside hard sleeves to keep them flat. A lot of cards from 1993-1994, I keep in hard cases. Believe it or not, I keep my decks in just "black" backs. Have removed any "revised" and earlier from all decks and replaced with Saga and later.

On a side note: I think that I am going to build a Black/Artifact Mill deck and a Control deck, when guilds come out. Maybe I will even throw together another Wall deck, just for fun.

Lasraik likes this

On 9/18/2018 at 8:08 PM, Mantadiablo said:

Typically any of my "older" cards (Urza's Block and before), I keep in soft  sleeves, inside hard sleeves to keep them flat. A lot of cards from 1993-1994, I keep in hard cases. Believe it or not, I keep my decks in just "black" backs. Have removed any "revised" and earlier from all decks and replaced with Saga and later.

On a side note: I think that I am going to build a Black/Artifact Mill deck and a Control deck, when guilds come out. Maybe I will even throw together another Wall deck, just for fun.

Did you end up building the decks with the new cards?

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:37 PM, Lasraik said:

Did you end up building the decks with the new cards?

I am in the process of putting together a blue/black discard deck. So far I have this in it:

Millstone x 4

Mind rot x 4

Thought Erasure x 2

Thief of Sanity x 2

Etrata, the Silencer x 1 (Just because)

Drowned Secrets x 4

Wall of Mist x 4

Nightveil Predator x 2

Selective Snare x 2

Exclusion Mage x 2

Manalith x 2

Mnemonic Betrayal x 2

Looking to throw a splash more of black..

Really wanted to do a straight discard deck, but new standard lack damage/speed for discard like Megrim/Bottomless pit