Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

The Emmys

9 posts in this topic

I forgot that the Emmys existed, but apparently it aired last night.  Not surprisingly, the ratings were the worst ever.

Hollywood is so out of touch and don't realize most people are tired of having politics shoved down their throat 24/7.   

ChuckWagonMTG and MTGMTB like this

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the Emmy awards for television shows (actors, etc.)?  If so, New York and other such places are just as complicit in the show's low ratings. It might be better stated that the entertainment industry is out of touch with what general consumers want.  They're currently pandering to their own select audience.

I don't watch television hardly at all and couldn't care less about their mutual admiration society.  Hence I willfully contributed to their low ratings.

MTGMTB and ChuckWagonMTG like this

The American Music Awards were last night, and those ratings are in the toilet too.  

With politics everywhere the last couple of years, people want to get away from it.  I guess some of it may be the state of popular music, too.

On 9/18/2018 at 10:01 PM, Elovia said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the Emmy awards for television shows (actors, etc.)?  If so, New York and other such places are just as complicit in the show's low ratings. It might be better stated that the entertainment industry is out of touch with what general consumers want.  They're currently pandering to their own select audience.

I don't watch television hardly at all and couldn't care less about their mutual admiration society.  Hence I willfully contributed to their low ratings.

Ditto.

More importantly, your use of the word "couldn't" almost brought me to tears.

Elovia likes this

Yeah, it's the truth. 

On 9/19/2018 at 2:52 PM, Jag said:

b1a.jpg.a6a0a0f2aa5f2b0421498453c5957a8f.jpg

DAMMIT JAG, I LOVE THAT IMAGE AND IT WAS PERFECT FOR THIS

Jag likes this

15 hours ago, Lasraik said:

The American Music Awards were last night, and those ratings are in the toilet too.  

With politics everywhere the last couple of years, people want to get away from it.  I guess some of it may be the state of popular music, too.

Whilst i agree, i do check my thinking, by wondering whether all "old fucks" have held this attitude at some point in their life. And nothing has changed - only our self-perceptions?

Edited by Pasanda

13 hours ago, MTGMTB said:

Yeah, it's the truth. 

DAMMIT JAG, I LOVE THAT IMAGE AND IT WAS PERFECT FOR THIS

Me too. sent it loads of people.

Jag likes this