bonelesspizza

Guilds Of Ravnica

6 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, bonelesspizza said:

I just bought the booster box for this set. I love the cards from this set and I know I will be building some ass kicking decks. Anyone have any opinions on this set?

I love the set, and Ravnica is my favourite setting, but I am a bit disappointed that Ungrowth/Golgari got the shaft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

I love the set, and Ravnica is my favourite setting, but I am a bit disappointed that Ungrowth/Golgari got the shaft. 

I haven't been keeping up, are they not very powerful or lacking in an area?

bonelesspizza likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lasraik said:

I haven't been keeping up, are they not very powerful or lacking in an area?

Well, a bit of both

For limited, it seems to be, by far, the worst of the guilds. The big problem is that there aren't a lot of easy ways to get stuff into your graveyard. Listening to Limited Resources this morning, they agree. 

Surveil? Yeah, that works, but you often want to keep actual spells/creatures on top. 

For casual/constructed, it's not quite as terrible, and a few are seeing some play, but it does feel like Undergrowth was tempered back (since Dredge was overpowered). The hydrid spells are actually pretty cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JesGolbez said:

Well, a bit of both

For limited, it seems to be, by far, the worst of the guilds. The big problem is that there aren't a lot of easy ways to get stuff into your graveyard. Listening to Limited Resources this morning, they agree. 

Surveil? Yeah, that works, but you often want to keep actual spells/creatures on top. 

For casual/constructed, it's not quite as terrible, and a few are seeing some play, but it does feel like Undergrowth was tempered back (since Dredge was overpowered). The hydrid spells are actually pretty cool. 

I agree with most of this, but I feel like this guild has tournament potential. I think making a black blue control or a red white mid is perfectly do-able.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now