bonelesspizza

Guilds Of Ravnica

6 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, bonelesspizza said:

I just bought the booster box for this set. I love the cards from this set and I know I will be building some ass kicking decks. Anyone have any opinions on this set?

I love the set, and Ravnica is my favourite setting, but I am a bit disappointed that Ungrowth/Golgari got the shaft. 

17 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

I love the set, and Ravnica is my favourite setting, but I am a bit disappointed that Ungrowth/Golgari got the shaft. 

I haven't been keeping up, are they not very powerful or lacking in an area?

bonelesspizza likes this

2 hours ago, Lasraik said:

I haven't been keeping up, are they not very powerful or lacking in an area?

Well, a bit of both

For limited, it seems to be, by far, the worst of the guilds. The big problem is that there aren't a lot of easy ways to get stuff into your graveyard. Listening to Limited Resources this morning, they agree. 

Surveil? Yeah, that works, but you often want to keep actual spells/creatures on top. 

For casual/constructed, it's not quite as terrible, and a few are seeing some play, but it does feel like Undergrowth was tempered back (since Dredge was overpowered). The hydrid spells are actually pretty cool. 

19 minutes ago, JesGolbez said:

Well, a bit of both

For limited, it seems to be, by far, the worst of the guilds. The big problem is that there aren't a lot of easy ways to get stuff into your graveyard. Listening to Limited Resources this morning, they agree. 

Surveil? Yeah, that works, but you often want to keep actual spells/creatures on top. 

For casual/constructed, it's not quite as terrible, and a few are seeing some play, but it does feel like Undergrowth was tempered back (since Dredge was overpowered). The hydrid spells are actually pretty cool. 

I agree with most of this, but I feel like this guild has tournament potential. I think making a black blue control or a red white mid is perfectly do-able.