Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Conspiracy theories that you believe

34 posts in this topic

There are a ton of crazy conspiracy theories out there.  What are some that you believe?

I think David Stern did something to get Ewing to the Knicks.

I would not be surprised if we had visitors.  But that doesn't mean I believe any one conspiracy theory.

28 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

That we have never had anyone from outside the earth visit us.

I used to think this, until I looked at the big picture.  1st, the odds.  2nd, our own insignificance.  3rd what nature and humanity have taught us about the interactions between species and/or interacting with a technologically inferior people.

The concept of ignorance being filled with baseless, fantastical explanations is exactly why I am not a believer in conspiracies, and why I'm not a particularly spiritual person.

It's okay to say "I don't know," and it's okay to speculate, but to take a leap of faith in logic and truly BELIEVE in something without evidence pretty much goes against my very nature.

Knowledge is acquired through inquisitiveness, I certainly believe in questioning everything. There is a lot that we don't know, and I believe the universe holds many mysteries, some perhaps beyond our imagination. However, to make up an answer to a gap in our knowledge and then to accept it as truth is not acceptable to me. We grow but questioning, experimenting, and learning. Not by having someone say "I'm pretty sure this is the right answer" and then having everyone nod in agreement.

The problem with most conspiracy theories is they assume the government to be a brilliant entity capable of hiding the truth AND generating a plausible story in its place. 

When the truth is most theories are born of government incompetence and the inability to communicate events as they happened.

I have a hard time believing conspiracy theories now that I'm older.  I have an even harder time believing conspiracy theories that in any way give the government enough credit that they could pull them off.  I work for the government, and trust me when I say they will fuck up a cup of coffee.

Conspiracy theories are fun, but maybe now that I'm older and more cynical I usually brush them off as nonsense.

King of Jank and MTGandME like this

There are a couple that I believe, and I won't go into one of them because it's too controversial. 

The first is that I think that JFK was killed by the mafia. It was LHO hired by them and he shot JFK, Ruby killed him to tie up a loose end. It makes sense, especially since Robert Kennedy was going hard after them at the time. 

I also do believe in aliens. My cousin put it the best way: "If God gave us this big universe, why would he leave us alone in it?"

Food for thought. 

On 10/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, MTGMTB said:

There are a couple that I believe, and I won't go into one of them because it's too controversial. 

Got me too curious there fella...

Drop any hints?

I find conspiracy theories hard to believe, but I also find them fun to think about. I think the idea that the world or universe is so expansive that it is amazing to think about what may exist. It gives us a sense of wonder in a world that seems very caught up in being right or wrong.

I'm more of a fan of crytozoology stuff: Big foot, yeti, loch ness monster. Do I truly believe in that stuff? Not really, but its fun to imagine it may be out there and just sparse/intelligent enough to avoid humans.

One thing I found funny is that one of the reasons why people say conspiracy theories are not true is because the government isn't competent enough to keep something secret, yet the fact that people are talking about it means that its not been kept secret and therefore the government HAS failed to keep it secret! :D If they were competent we wouldn't even know about the conspiracy right? 

Funny enough, one thing that has been pointed out to me is that one of the best ways to keep people from believing in something is to actually release the information, but do it via the conspiracy nuts and link it in with them. People then assume its just crazy just by association.

4 hours ago, Jazz said:

One thing I found funny is that one of the reasons why people say conspiracy theories are not true is because the government isn't competent enough to keep something secret, yet the fact that people are talking about it means that its not been kept secret and therefore the government HAS failed to keep it secret! :D If they were competent we wouldn't even know about the conspiracy right? 

Funny enough, one thing that has been pointed out to me is that one of the best ways to keep people from believing in something is to actually release the information, but do it via the conspiracy nuts and link it in with them. People then assume its just crazy just by association.

On a similar vein, i read this weekend that the best way to get a correct answer from the internet, is not to post the question, looking for answers, but to deliberately post the incorrect answer.

54 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

On a similar vein, i read this weekend that the best way to get a correct answer from the internet, is not to post the question, looking for answers, but to deliberately post the incorrect answer.

It's called the Mosley Effect.

2 hours ago, Jag said:

It's called the Mosley Effect.

Well it was given someone else;s name. But if you want to be credited with it Jag Mosley, that's fine wid meh.

2 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Well it was given someone else;s name. But if you want to be credited with it Jag Mosley, that's fine wid meh.

Ahem...It's Jag DARKTIDE.  Are you already at stage 3?

The third (tertiary) stage: This final stage of the disease involves the brain and heart, and is usually no longer contagious. At this point, however, the infection can cause extensive damage to the internal organs and the brain, and can lead to death.

23 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Got me too curious there fella...

Drop any hints?

Wellll...

I've already made myself well known as a conservative, so eh. 

Keep in mind, this was FAR before I EVER knew who Alex Jones was. 

I think that Sandy Hook was a false flag attack intended to incite the public to push for more gun control.

There are several questions still unanswered, such as the fact that his mother was never even registered as a nurse at the school, the coroner supposedly not going on the second floor, changing stories, the fact that there was a FEMA training exercise a mile down the road, specifically, "Helping Children Through Crises."

There's too many unanswered questions to definitely say anything. 

I also don't believe the Vegas shooter was the Vegas shooter. 

First up, the guy has a PERFECT life. Millionaire, wife, great job. Why throw that all away?

Second, listening to the shots makes it sound almost like automatic fire. And that was confirmed by a Marine friend. 

Something is fishy with Vegas as well. A guard who was supposed to go on an interview just up and disappeared.

Idk. I may be insane though.

Also, bump stocks don't increase firing speed. Just reduces recoil. 

Oh. OK. Thanks for opening up. I know nothing about either of those, so have no idea whether they are controversial.

I love watching conspiracy videos and hearing the reasons why people believe them. I find it pretty entertaining. I don't really believe in any myself, but as someone who generally considers himself to be a very open minded person, I love hearing the thought process that goes through other people's heads about these conspiracies even if don't believe in them myself.

Also, I feel like there is some joke to be made here with the 2 Conspiracy Magic: The Gathering sets, but I'm too tired to come up with one right now :)

The Vegas story  is very odd.

They can't figure out a motive, even a year later. And he killed himself way before any he had to.

Lots of things don't make any sense. 

24 minutes ago, Dunnar said:

The Vegas story  is very odd.

They can't figure out a motive, even a year later. And he killed himself way before any he had to.

Lots of things don't make any sense. 

He was a liberal shooting at conservatives...no sensationalized story here....move along.

Does anyone know any really good conspiracy theories that turned out to be true? Or is it that once they get discovered, we quickly forget they were ever CT's.

4 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Does anyone know any really good conspiracy theories that turned out to be true? Or is it that once they get discovered, we quickly forget they were ever CT's.

I think you'll find the field of science is riddled with them. ;)

Stem cell research ... STEM education initiative.

24 beers in a case; 24 hours in a day ... coincidence?

Edited by Elovia
Jag, Jazz and Pasanda like this