Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Conspiracy theories that you believe

34 posts in this topic

US gov testing radiation on dead babies, US surveillance via social apps, CIA mind control, Canadian gaydar, US Gov poisoned alcohol during prohibition,  Smoking industry knew about cancer risk in the 1940s and conspired to hide it for decades.

The real ones, the ones that hurt us in our own homes.

The Bacon Conspiracy

The Double Stuff Oreo Conspiracy

Same trick.  Same outcome.  Same result.  We got screwed. 

On 10/26/2018 at 7:14 PM, Lasraik said:

I have a hard time believing conspiracy theories now that I'm older.  I have an even harder time believing conspiracy theories that in any way give the government enough credit that they could pull them off.  I work for the government, and trust me when I say they will fuck up a cup of coffee.

Conspiracy theories are fun, but maybe now that I'm older and more cynical I usually brush them off as nonsense.

Actual conspiracies happen all of the time, and some have been proven (ie. Iran/Contra, Bernie getting shafted by the DNC).

As for unproven or not-fully-proven ones... hmm

1. New Coke was simply a market diversion to switch the old recipe from sugar to high-fructose corn syrup, as well as drum up sales. "Oh, we're back to Classic formula" wink-wink

2. OJ did kill Nicole Simpson and Steve Goldman

3. Planned Obsolescence - American car companies, especially, want parts and autos to break down so you buy more new ones. 

4. Michael Jordan "retiring" from the NBA due to gambling problems. 

One planned obsolesence that has really gotten under my skin over the past decade, is the way that Braun electric toothbrushes are deliberately designed to make the rechargeable batteries (which are just AA's after all) too difficult for most people to attempt to replace. There are plenty of Youtube videos that show you it can be done. But it is excruciatingly hard and, without a shadow of doubt, could have made far easier, and would have cost less per unit to do produce along the way. So they have actually spent more on making the product, in order to force consumers to dispose of them and buy more toothbrushes.

Personally, i would love to see the company brought to account for this disgusting practice.

I still use Braun toothbrushes.

MJ playing baseball is a good one.

1 hour ago, Pasanda said:

I still use Braun toothbrushes.

Try a sonicare, by far the best toothbrush available.

11 hours ago, Dunnar said:

MJ playing baseball is a good one.

Try a sonicare, by far the best toothbrush available.

I actually did, and still have it at home. It literally gets on my nerves. The vibrations are too high frequency for me. My wife thought the same. It jars my nerves. The only thing it's good for is putting it on the back of the dog, to watch the reaction. Or possibly up my arse, but i haven't found the courage yet.

Oral B is the Braun range to which i refer. I believe all rechargeable toothbrushes are the same to be honest. 

Edited by Pasanda