Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elovia

R.I.P. Stan Lee

12 posts in this topic

It is a shame that his life ended amid loads of litigation though. I hope it didn't affect his end of days.

Lucky Man.

Didn't realise he was that old. Stress from litigation probably didn't help, or mayhaps Disney got tired of waiting and bumped him off?

Didn't realize all of the legal issues around him.  Dealing with some elder relatives myself, and I can see how that can easily happen, especially when there's tons of money at stake. 

His wife of many years passed in 2017 (last year), which makes it double-extra hard for widowed geriatrics to live well (or long) afterward.

95 is a damn good run.  They also have already filmed cameos for every potential MCU movie for the next decade.  So that is cool.

25 minutes ago, Jag said:

95 is a damn good run.  They also have already filmed cameos for every potential MCU movie for the next decade.  So that is cool.

Exactly. He had a long, full life. Like any good Marvel franchise, they can just recycle his cameos :P 

26 minutes ago, JesGolbez said:

Exactly. He had a long, full life. Like any good Marvel franchise, they can just recycle his cameos :P 

Or digitally map his face onto other actors forever.

I'd be amazed if there wasn't an abiding agreement to do just that with his visage on MCU IP for some period. He's a bright bloke and its something i would have considered years ago and 1000 times, if i were him. And i'm not as bright.

Edited by Pasanda

5 hours ago, Pasanda said:

I'd be amazed if there wasn't an abiding agreement to do just that with his visage on MCU IP for some period. He's a bright bloke and its something i would have considered years ago and 1000 times, if i were him. And i'm not as bright.

I knew I remembered something about that. This started with Carrie Fisher 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/carrie-fisher-star-wars-legal-issues-dead-but-demand-actors-997335