Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MTGMTB

MTGMTB's Quest for Weight Loss!

38 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Dunnar said:

How's it going?

Baby steps ... remember, it took you a long time to get out of shape.  And it will take you a long time to get back into shape.  Marathon, not a sprint!

I've dropped probably about 10 pounds already. Thanks for asking!

JesGolbez and Dunnar like this

I wrote about it earlier, and it's clearly too late now.

If you are aiming for temporary weight loss, you're doing the right thing. If you're aiming for a new weight for life, what you're doing now won't give you that.

IF you revert to eating differently at any point in the rest of your life, your weight will adjust to whatever that new eating regime will dictate.

It is my opinion that the healthier approach is to work towards that way of eating that will determine how you are for the rest of your life.

What you're doing now is a fad. That doesn't mean it will fail. But you will still need to find another new diet that will sustain your ideal weight for the rest of your life, at the end of this fad. And if you did that from the beginning, you would still manage to achieve that ideal weight without the fad.

Edited by Pasanda

Keto is sustainable because the food is good, and because it lyses fat cells rather than shrink them.  This means rebound is mild.  However, its all about calorie ins and outs.  No matter who you are if it shifts one way or the other, you are moving there.

4 hours ago, Pasanda said:

That's a LOT. Nice work. Are you planning to ease-up over the festive period?

That's kiiiinda the plan? I'm getting my tonsils out on the 26th, so Carbs will be reintroduced... Also Christmas. I'll be mostly cutting back on portion size. 

My wife and I are on a low carb diet. Last night I told her I had cheated and had a donut for breakfast. Oddly, she only got upset about the pastry and didn’t seem to care that I’d slept with another woman.

Pasanda, MTGMTB, Elovia and 1 other like this

16 hours ago, Jag said:

My wife and I are on a low carb diet. Last night I told her I had cheated and had a donut for breakfast. Oddly, she only got upset about the pastry and didn’t seem to care that I’d slept with another woman.

I'm guessing she's actually happy about that as it means she doesn't have to feel guilty about the good seeing-to I gave her.

Jag likes this

Well gents, I'm down to 230, which was my goal to hit for the doctor!

I can still lose more, my plan is to drop to 220, and if I can hit it, 200, although I don't know if I can. I'm going to do my best though!

MTGandME and Dunnar like this

On 1/5/2019 at 1:06 PM, MTGMTB said:

Well gents, I'm down to 230, which was my goal to hit for the doctor!

I can still lose more, my plan is to drop to 220, and if I can hit it, 200, although I don't know if I can. I'm going to do my best though!

You can do it if it's really what you want.  Since we started Keto, I've found myself eating better over the last 9 months than I did prior (still room for improvement) and I've found ways to enjoy things I love, too, like ice cream (occasional Halo Top) or chocolate (reese's no sugar added peanut butter cups), and I've still managed to drop about 75 lbs; about 10 to go. :)