Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Affinity for MTG

Weird promo land

9 posts in this topic

So this image was released recently, it's a promo mountain that's going to be handed out at GPs. This isn't replacing GP promos, but rather seems to be a bonus promo for playing side events. Anyway, a lot of people are speculating about the art. Technically there is nothing to say that the promo art should be connected to future sets, but it's so WEIRD. Why put THIS THING in the middle of a basic mountain art for no reason?

What do you guys think? Do you think it has any ties to whatever set will come after Ravnica?

qg42fQR.thumb.png.9b56dbbdd9cbfd7aaff93ac8125244c2.png

JesGolbez and Lasraik like this

52 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

First thing that came to mind is Mirrodin.

I got a Theros vibe, myself.

If I play side events at GP Vancouver, I'd love to score one of these

Lasraik likes this

On 12/3/2018 at 8:36 PM, Affinity for MTG said:

So this image was released recently, it's a promo mountain that's going to be handed out at GPs. This isn't replacing GP promos, but rather seems to be a bonus promo for playing side events. Anyway, a lot of people are speculating about the art. Technically there is nothing to say that the promo art should be connected to future sets, but it's so WEIRD. Why put THIS THING in the middle of a basic mountain art for no reason?

What do you guys think? Do you think it has any ties to whatever set will come after Ravnica?

qg42fQR.thumb.png.9b56dbbdd9cbfd7aaff93ac8125244c2.png

I think it's interesting there are 6 promos........ wastes anyone? ;)

Affinity for MTG and Lasraik like this

It looks like an advanced yet ruined structure, and I want to say Vyrn, maybe something used for channeling magic,... 

Lasraik likes this

19 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

I got a Theros vibe, myself.

If I play side events at GP Vancouver, I'd love to score one of these

I thought about Theros when I saw the colors, too.  Anything mechanical I always think Mirrodin, probably because it was my first set.

19 hours ago, MTGandME said:

I think it's interesting there are 6 promos........ wastes anyone? ;)

It's either Wastes or it's the actual "big" promo that they usually give out. I think GP promos are typically 1 of 1, so in this case, 5 basic lands + usual Main Event promo would be the 6. But, who knows! *Shrug*

Welp, after browsing Twitter for a few minutes it looks like I was correct. Here is 001/006 which is the promo for entering the main event.

Dtq-4JvXcAESt5T.thumb.jpg.71ae6054696ca67af2742c9cc7ed7687.jpg