Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pasanda

Christmas Trees

10 posts in this topic

I'm going to regret this (some of you live in Alaska), but i thought it might be nice to have a Tree-off. Let's post pictures of our Christmas trees.

I'd like to get the ball rolling, but i can't. Turns out we're short on lights and can't get decorating until at least tomorrow. 

While waiting for the lights on the tree in the lounge, we have a smaller artificial tree in the kitchen. My wife started working on this on Sunday, and here is a picture of her efforts with the lights. 

5c06a99b56a3b_2018-12-0317_09_43.thumb.jpg.7e4185b25d2aedf834c46ebf80ea0bb8.jpg

Aren't i lucky she's a nice person. Because she can't dress trees for shit.

Edited by Pasanda
Jazz, Dunnar and JesGolbez like this

Well, nothing too fancy for @Aurian and I. We have a little corner with our gifts and a small plastic tree. Not allowed wood trees here, anyhoo.

xmastreee.thumb.jpg.08db7422de848cc0ae5e7f42adfe9f1b.jpg

Jazz likes this

How can you be short on lights on a 2ft tree? 

Holy cow Jez, presents wrapped and everything, wow! I don't even know what I'm buying yet.

20181204_164920.thumb.jpg.9811a7533ac555f89635cb2e67e947f4.jpg

Jazz likes this

2 hours ago, Pasanda said:

OK. She has redeemed herself with the main tree. I did the lights though.

Nice speakers!

They really are.

Monitor Audio Gold GX300

Connected to Cambridge Audio Azure 851N Network Player/DAC and 851A amp. 

Fed from my music server, through the amazing and totally inexpensive Google Chromecast Audio, using an optical connector. 

I wanted a player that would take an unadulterated digital source, of high quality, and keep it digital all the way through to the DAC in the CA Azure (which is a really good DAC). No naughty analogue along the way. The Chromecast lets me do that for £35. 

Dunnar likes this

We have an 8 ft fiber optic tree that lights up the living room like a rave.  It is gaudy, ostentatious, seizure-inducing, and my favorite tree ever.

I tossed out the idea to the wife the other day that rather than having to put up with the fuss of a Christmas tree, you know ... decorating and undecorating, cleaning and all that crap ... that maybe this year we would go with a Festivus Pole instead.  She didn't think much of it.

festivus-memes.jpg.712e607bc958f41a5e4adde96b9da88e.jpg

On 2018-12-04 at 1:53 PM, Dunnar said:

How can you be short on lights on a 2ft tree? 

Holy cow Jez, presents wrapped and everything, wow! I don't even know what I'm buying yet.

20181204_164920.thumb.jpg.9811a7533ac555f89635cb2e67e947f4.jpg

It’s because Aurian panics when it’s Dec 1st and there’s still shopping. And she wraps gifts early because there’s nowhere to hide them around here :P