Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dunnar

Gaming Laptop

5 posts in this topic

Of the comparable list that Amazon present, it certainly the best of offer.

Had a quick look at Dell too, and they are more expensive for lesser models.

CamelCC says it's the cheapest it's ever been.

Aside from building your own, without a single vendor warranty, it looks decent enough.

Without going into it further, the 1060 seems to have a decent step-up in terms of gaming performance. https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-3GB-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/3646vs3649

The only other potential issue is the size of the SSD. It will fly for sure, but some games starting to get up to 100Gb. I've been using a mix in my gaming PC, and have concluded that most games have no issue with being copied around from drive to drive on mass. So if you're happy to use a fuck-off external HDD, and shift games around on the SSD, problem solved. I have a laptop (not for games) with a 120gb SSD and after Lego <something> and minecraft, it's full.

Edited by Pasanda
Dunnar likes this

Excellent feedback.  I didn't think about that.

Fortunately, I have a new SSD that I can add as an external drive with an adapter

Yeah. Sweet. But $340 more. That's also a big jump. The difference in price for the desktop version of those cards is around $50. Seems a lot more money, but you are getting 8Gb more DDR4 (£65), and what appears to be a better screen, as well as that GPU jump from 1050ti to 1060.

From that cursory glance, the 1060 is around 25-33% faster across those sample games. What's that worth to him as a gamer, and you as a payer.

There's a couple of free gaming bundles down the page, include COD BLOPS 4.

https://www.amazon.com/Computer-i7-8750H-802-11-Backlit-Keyboard/dp/B01MZ9XPXA/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1544025189&sr=1-10&keywords=laptop+1060&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A2289792011

Cheaper, bigger screen. Has SSD AND a 1TB HDD.

Does not have go-faster design.

Edited by Pasanda
Dunnar likes this