Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jazz

GOG Winter Sale

11 posts in this topic

Big sale on GOG. Can get the remaster of Full Throttle (old Lucasarts game in the vein of Monkey Island but with bikers instead) for free and a lot with 70% off.

https://www.gog.com/

It's odd that I actually have a few items on my wishlist that are simultaneously on sale.  Now I have to figure out which combination of them will get me just enough of a purchase ($15) to obtain Everspace for free.  Many of the items on my list that are on sale are not at as deep of a discount or at the price point as I'd like. 

8 hours ago, Elovia said:

It's odd that I actually have a few items on my wishlist that are simultaneously on sale.  Now I have to figure out which combination of them will get me just enough of a purchase ($15) to obtain Everspace for free.  Many of the items on my list that are on sale are not at as deep of a discount or at the price point as I'd like. 

They never are...

Got it.  Picked up Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice for half off, and then Maize for cheap (this title rarely goes on sale - I've been watching).

Now I have a few more choices on what to play over the holiday break.  :)

Speaking of which ... I have a spare copy of Fantasy General available to the first person who wants it.

Edited by Elovia
Jazz likes this

8 hours ago, Jazz said:

I got Fantasy General too now, due to the sale, is it any good?

TBH, I haven't spent much time with it. What little I did just didn't seem to grab me.  Unless I have this title confused with another, it plays much like a board game (e.g., Panzer General?), and units are acquired through game play as rewards for certain actions. So you have a persistent growing army as long as you're successful; if you're not, then a downward spiral is your fate.

Just picked up No Man's Sky for half price (~$30).  This title rarely goes on sale at GoG.  And given that I've enjoyed a couple other titles with similar game play, I figured I'd give it a shot at this price point.

Edited by Elovia

On 12/21/2018 at 3:48 PM, Elovia said:

Just picked up No Man's Sky for half price (~$30).  This title rarely goes on sale at GoG.  And given that I've enjoyed a couple other titles with similar game play, I figured I'd give it a shot at this price point.

Bought it earlier this year and played it for around 10 hours. Didn't grab me, but would go back at some point.

Posted (edited)

On 12/30/2018 at 1:04 PM, Pasanda said:

Bought it earlier this year and played it for around 10 hours. Didn't grab me, but would go back at some point.

I'm finding that I rather enjoy it.  I have ~40ish hours on my current character (I'm ever subject to alt-itis, and this is my third or fourth restart character), and have completed the tutorial mission "Awakening".  The lack-of-money difficulty curve is beginning to get less steep, and I feel more comfortable in my squalid base (sparse in some ways, over-full in others).  I'm on my second starship (traded in the old models for improved storage capacity) which kind of looks like the love child from a TIE bomber and a dragster race car (i.e., TIE bomber wings with a long needle-like nose and a massive rear engine).  I also have my own space freighter, complete with its own combat-ready frigate.  I still need to customize the freighter so I can have a mobile space base of operations.

I've been playing a Normal playthrough as opposed to either Survival or Permadeath ... or their free-roam creative style where many restrictions and progression are removed.

The game has a good mix of sandbox and quest-guided progression. I have plenty of self-imposed goals I can work toward, all of which are achievable with focussed effort on my part.  I can also take part in community progression events or pick up random missions either from my base technicians or system space stations. I can literally farm for exotic materials (who knew I had a green thumb?), or combine and create materials at my base refiners.

Apparently, the "NEXT" update (back in Aug., 2018) made substantial changes to the game engine and play.  I notice these differences when reading out of date online guides and other "tips 'n tricks" internet articles ... so spoiler info is not always correct.

The game's main focus is exploration, and it includes just enough other game elements to keep interesting (e.g., spaceship and land-based combat, crafting, building, etc.).

Edited by Elovia

Good to hear it's working for you. i do understand there has been a big update, and i do intend checking it out at some point.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0