Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pasanda

Holiday Threats

7 posts in this topic

No real need for this, i just keep misreading the "Holiday Treats" thread and thought it would be interesting to see which survived longest. 

What are your greatest Holiday Threats?

So...

Visiting Mother-in-laws.

Embarrassing footage.

Drunken tomfoolery.

Hours lost watching shit films

Elovia likes this

Getting called in for more overtime is usually my biggest. As a section lead in retail, I'm usually working every night until they're out of overtime to write off, or until the holiday rush ends. When I do get a night off and there's a party or a concert/gig at a bar, there's usually some drunken karaoke and tomfoolery. 

ChuckWagonMTG likes this

True story ...

Several years ago, we traveled to the Lower 48 to visit my sister and her family for a few days up to Christmas Eve, and then drove to see my dad and his wife for Christmas and a few days after.  While visiting my dad (bless him), he posted up pictures of the gathering on Facebook with the caption (paraphrased), "my son and family are down from Alaska for the Christmas holidays."  Now there's a forehead slapper.  He could have just posted that we are away from home for a while so come rob us.  I don't do Facebook.  And not thrilled with those that do.  Even if they're relatives.

Fortunately, no harm befell us.

Edited by Elovia

On 12/17/2018 at 11:54 AM, Pasanda said:

Drunken tomfoolery.

This.

And I'm thinking of getting forza and playing the shit out of it. 

And I'll be watching football. 

6 hours ago, Dunnar said:

And I'll be watching football. 

The real one, or the namby-pamby, softy, girlie, cotton-wool wrapped version that you folks CALL football?