Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jazz

Merry Christmas!

7 posts in this topic

Merry Christmas for tomorrow you scummy bastards! May all your perversions be satisfied!

merry_christmas_to_all_my_fellow_gamers_

Right back at ya ...

I came here to post similar this morning, but also to ask, how do you greet people this season?  I think most people are OK with "happy New Year" as it is non-secular.  Well, except for the pessimists, but they're not happy with anything.  "Merry Christmas" can get borderline ugly if you connect with the wrong member of the Society of the Perpetually Offended.  "Happy Holidays" seems neutral enough.

For the record, I've been more aligned with Ebenezer Scrooge than with Bob Cratchit this year.  I'm just not feeling the Christmas spirit yet ... even today.

Edited by Elovia
Jazz likes this

1 hour ago, Elovia said:

Right back at ya ...

I came here to post similar this morning, but also to ask, how do you greet people this season?  I think most people are OK with "happy New Year" as it is non-secular.  Well, except for the pessimists, but they're not happy with anything.  "Merry Christmas" can get borderline ugly if you connect with the wrong member of the Society of the Perpetually Offended.  "Happy Holidays" seems neutral enough.

For the record, I've been more aligned with Ebenezer Scrooge than with Bob Cratchit this year.  I'm just not feeling the Christmas spirit yet ... even today.

Isn't Happy Holidays offensive to those who think they are banning Christmas? While not being Scrooge, I haven't been 'feeling it' much either, more in a "doesn't feel like its Christmas yet" kinda way.

Hope you all had a great Christmas, or Holiday, or whatever you're into. 

If someone wished me a happy passover, or a happy Ramadan (which has happened several times), i think i would be bit of a twat if i got offended. People are not passing on best wishes because i follow those religions, or they wish to convert me; they're just passing on good fucking cheer.

Molimo likes this