Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Happy New Year!

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Happy New Year to all ... well, except to members of the Society of the Perpetually Offended to whom I wish nothing good or pleasant. 

The masochist said, "hit me", to which the sadist replied, "no."

Edited by Elovia

Happy New Year!

Not to put a damper on this, but ...

I had a buddy that I met via Xbox.  I played COD with him years ago a lot so we got pretty tight.  In fact, I visited him in Oregon a few years back.  He began to develop health issues due to a cyst in his brain.  There really wasn't anything they could do and it got to the point where he quit playing Xbox.  Got a call from his cousin last new years that he took his own life.  He and his family were good people and it was a sad situation.

Fast forward to this year.  We are at our friends house for a new years party.  We met through our kids and all of us parents have gotten pretty tight.  Great group of people.  The guy hosting the party got a call and found out his father took his own life.  Sounds like there were some health issues going on with him as well.  They had a very strained relationship over the years.

Needless to say, this is the 2nd New Years in a row where I have known someone to take their own life.  Both were planned out to the point where everyone looked back and said they had a feeling something was up.  Anyone else experience this or hear of this?

And ... if any of you fucks do something like this I will make sure to hunt you down in the after life!

4 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Happy New Year!

I had a buddy that I met via Xbox.  I played COD with him years ago a lot so we got pretty tight.  In fact, I visited him in Oregon a few years back.  He began to develop health issues due to a cyst in his brain.  There really wasn't anything they could do and it got to the point where he quit playing Xbox.  Got a call from his cousin last new years that he took his own life.  He and his family were good people and it was a sad situation.

Fast forward to this year.  We are at our friends house for a new years party.  We met through our kids and all of us parents have gotten pretty tight.  Great group of people.  The guy hosting the party got a call and found out his father took his own life.  Sounds like there were some health issues going on with him as well.  They had a very strained relationship over the years.

Needless to say, this is the 2nd New Years in a row where I have known someone to take their own life.  Both were planned out to the point where everyone looked back and said they had a feeling something was up.  Anyone else experience this or hear of this?

And ... if any of you fucks do something like this I will make sure to hunt you down in the after life!

That's awful :(

Dunnar likes this

8 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Happy New Year!

Sorry to hear that mate. Let's hope you've had your share.

No suicides in my life-experience so far.

Dunnar likes this

12 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Happy New Year!

Regardless how either of us goes, you're always welcome to look me up in the afterlife.  It'll be fun ... or it could be boring a.f. ... depends on how good you've been.  I know how good I haven't been.  :D

Dunnar likes this

21 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Happy New Year!

Sorry to hear that. I haven't experienced any suicides at New Year's but have had a grandparent pass away around that time and a colleague at work yesterday told me one of his grandparents had just passed away. Suicides at New Year is a thing I believe, it can be a hard time of year for those struggling with personal demons, apparently Mondays are also a peak point for suicides due to the start of the working week. And sometimes they just seem to choose big events to do the deed. My sister went to a wedding where I think the sister of either the bride or groom killed herself in the hotel after the reception. Apparently she'd had a 'car accident' a few months before that they then realised wasn't accidental.

Dunnar likes this

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

@Elovia And I will look you up in the after life.  Who knows, if I go first, maybe I can haunt you in this one.