Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Frostpunk

9 posts in this topic

Been trying to play this game without the survivors exiling me, it's a ton of fun.  Lots of different paths to go in, reminds me of Banished.

Anyone else playing and have tips for a newbie?

I been wondering about this one. Looked good but wasn't sure on it.

15 hours ago, Jazz said:

+1 ... same here.

17 hours ago, Jazz said:

It's pretty fun, I've been addicted.  I kept reading that it's a short game and easy once you get the hang of it, but I've spent a good 10 hours playing and haven't completed the main story line yet.

Keep starting over because I get really close to the end and make a misstep, having to start from a previous save or start fresh to avoid some of the mistakes I made in the early game.   Every decision matters.

Annotation 2019-01-17 201720.jpg

Jazz likes this

Are you required to make bastard choices to survive or can you actually get by without enslaving children and eating old people?

Lasraik likes this

Based purely on the review here, I put this title on my GoG wishlist to track for later. I have a lot of games already in the queue, and clearing the backlog isn't helped by me being currently fixated on another title.

Lasraik likes this

8 hours ago, Jazz said:

Are you required to make bastard choices to survive or can you actually get by without enslaving children and eating old people?

There aren't too many non-bastard choices to be had, really.  Most of the time it's an unpopular decision one way or another, but you have to decide if you want to piss everyone off or make the best decision to survive.  You can get by without enslaving children and eating old people, though.  I haven't had the tier open yet to eat people, but I did harvest their dead bodies for organs.  I tried putting the kids to work, but just light jobs.  

1 hour ago, Elovia said:

Based purely on the review here, I put this title on my GoG wishlist to track for later. I have a lot of games already in the queue, and clearing the backlog isn't helped by me being currently fixated on another title.

I think you'd enjoy it.  The last expansion was free in the age of pay for every little feature, which was nice.  

2 hours ago, Lasraik said:

I think you'd enjoy it.  The last expansion was free in the age of pay for every little feature, which was nice.  

I originally passed on the title based on the description of in-game environmental setting.  I live in a (nearly) perpetual frozen land, and did not think the game would provide sufficient escapism from my reality (i.e., a fundamental prerequisite for immersion).  Understandably, I'm just not as enthralled by snow and cold as others who may dwell in warmer climates.  :)

Edited by Elovia