Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jag

Diablo III

6 posts in this topic

My brother in law finally talked me into getting it.  I guess some new season thing starts tonight (season 16) where people start out fresh and there are some extra rewards (whatever).

I did not buy it when it was new because I hated the idea that it was online only, times have changed.

I have about 5 or 6 hours so far and I love it.  The highlight for me is that my kid loves it too.  We roam around and mindlessly slaughter everything ohhing and ahhing at the loot and new skills.

I don't even know if it's a good game, but it is a really fun party type game.

I've certainly enjoyed it. I even played it on (gasp) console, of all things. Game's fun, if lacking a bit of the depth of previous games. You could still tank a couple hundred hours into maxing out all the characters, well worth the price of admission in my opinion! :)

Welcome to Action RPG's.  The loot is great at the beginning, because you have nothing so it all looks good.  But later as you get more advanced, you'll target hunt for a specific type of drop with a specific type of bonus to complete your outfit, and suddenly the fun will turn into a grind as you find everything except the one thing for which you're looking.

Pray to the great RNGesus and everything will be fine.  :lol:

Jazz likes this

On 1/19/2019 at 2:28 AM, Elovia said:

Welcome to Action RPG's.  The loot is great at the beginning, because you have nothing so it all looks good.  But later as you get more advanced, you'll target hunt for a specific type of drop with a specific type of bonus to complete your outfit, and suddenly the fun will turn into a grind as you find everything except the one thing for which you're looking.

Pray to the great RNGesus and everything will be fine.  :lol:

That's what puts me off ARPGs. Dunno why they insist on that grind.

Still think best Diablo was first Diablo.

I really enjoyed Diablo 3, but not nearly as much as I enjoyed the first 2. I played through the first two at least 6 or so time. With 3, I made it about halfway through my second playthrough before I got bored.

We started some hardcore guys for the season 17.  I like the seasons, it gives us a small reason to come back for a couple of weeks every few months.  Hardcore makes it more exciting for sure.