Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jazz

Footlongs and Monitors

36 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Jazz said:

Got it all arranged to get it sent back and a replacement sent, they were supposed to pick it up today and even sent a timeframe for their arrival yet no one came so having to chase them up about it.

It's all shit isn't it. If that had gone the other way, they would have said sorry, you missed you window, you'll have a 2nd try, then need to pay for pick up... or worse.

Jag and Jazz like this

19 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

It's all shit isn't it. If that had gone the other way, they would have said sorry, you missed you window, you'll have a 2nd try, then need to pay for pick up... or worse.

The Man always trying to keep us down!

Pasanda likes this

11 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Yep! Charged for the phonecall to arrange it all with them in the first place too! If I don't hear back from their email I am going to have to call them again too. Bloody should be paying me to call tehm!

11 hours ago, Jag said:

The Man always trying to keep us down!

Tell it comrade!

Pasanda likes this

Update on this, apparently the driver thought my house was somehow a business that wasn't trading. Took me and the guy from Scan three attempts to get this picked up, ended up having to work from home on Friday to be there to get it picked up since no one else was going to be in. Picked up now but apparently I need to wait 3-5 days for them to test it before I get a replacement. Assuming they get it done in three days and then dispatch a replacement immediately for next day delivery I will get a replacement earliest Friday, which will make it two weeks since it broke...

Further update: after I posted the last post, I got an email from Scan. Apparently they don't have any more of those monitors in stock, the earliest they can get one to me is the 10th of April. They have offered me a refund if that is not acceptable, so I guess its look around to see if I can get a similar one elsewhere...

It's not the best response, but it's not terrible either. 

I hate the fact that people have to wait a day at home for some dels/pickups. It feels so wrong. 

Jazz likes this

2 hours ago, Pasanda said:

It's not the best response, but it's not terrible either. 

I hate the fact that people have to wait a day at home for some dels/pickups. It feels so wrong. 

Yeah got no other choice unfortunately. Went for the refund and looking to order from elsewhere now, though having to wait until I know someone will be in the house for delivery.

16 hours ago, Elovia said:

Can you not take delivery at your work address, or is that discouraged by your management?

I believe I can receive deliveries here, but getting it picked up would be problematic. It has to go through the post room, and they would have to go through security to get in. That is thinking outside the box though, didn't consider that.

12 hours ago, Jazz said:

I believe I can receive deliveries here, but getting it picked up would be problematic. It has to go through the post room, and they would have to go through security to get in. That is thinking outside the box though, didn't consider that.

The insidious thing about it is that you would actually look forward to going in to work.  You can thank me later. :)

Jazz likes this

10 hours ago, Elovia said:

The insidious thing about it is that you would actually look forward to going in to work.  You can thank me later. :)

Only problem is that a coworker was notorious for getting things sent to work, which may be why I didn't think of it. He would get all his dresses and skimpy clothing sent there...

Dunnar likes this