Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dunnar

GoT Season 8

66 posts in this topic

If you haven't seen it ... don't open the thread.

Reactions?

Bran is getting creepy.  Wouldn't bother me to see him get knocked off.  And why is he telling Samuel to tell John all this stuff?  Not like he didnt just find out his dad and brother were burned to a crisp ... oh wait.

Speaking of that ... that puts an interesting dynamic into the Jon/Denarius relationship.  Forgot Jon wasn't privy to that information.

It was a pretty tame episode.  The most disappointing thing ... I cannot believe Cersei slept with that dirtbag.

Posted (edited)

It felt very rushed.  Like they just needed to move a bunch of pieces and rush plotlines so they could get to the big action sequences.   Every one of those reunions was rushed and not given enough time.

Tarks have always been incestuous so no biggie there, especially since we have known the truth forever.  Cerci is a whore and always has been.  This isn't the 1st dirtbag she has slept with.  Jaime, Lancel, Taena, Osmund Kettleblack, Osney Kettleblack. There is also an unknown number of people she fucked before GoT started.  She even told Sansa that her crotch was just a tool to be used.

The problem is that the source material is gone and they are literally just making everything up as they go along.   I expect the book to be much better.

I fear the drama, scheming, and intrigue is all about played out and season 8 is just season one of GOT: The Walking Dead.

Edited by Jag
Lasraik and Dunnar like this

Spoiler

Kind of expected the first episode to be lots of setup. 

Bran is a shell of a person now that he's the 3 Eyed Raven.  Having Sam tell Jon was probably because he doesn't have emotion anymore and Jon trusts Sam more than him now after what they've been through. 

The whole lets ride dragons together was pretty lame.  I get what they're doing, but while everyone is busting their asses getting ready for a massive army that is marching towards them those two are out joy riding. 

I expect the next 5 episodes to be jam packed full of story after this one. 

After the shows passed the books you noticed a huge drop off on quality and pace.  Not sure how much GRRM has a say in the series, but it's a noticeable difference. 

Also, a great YouTube channel for GoT TV series and books: https://www.youtube.com/user/JaiWbio

Spoiler

I mean, if John is going to ride a Dragon in the war, they did need to show him learning.

The last season could have been 4 seasons.

Remember, only 5 episodes left :(

1 hour ago, Jag said:

I don't either.  With all its popularity, why not take more time with it?

Its making money for everyone, right?  So why not take the time and do it right.

Unless the folks involved are just sick of doing it.  Lot of them have gotten big time now.

7 hours ago, Jag said:

I don't either.  With all its popularity, why not take more time with it?

In terms of taking their time to cover the material, somewhere between what they're currently doing, and the Hobbit would have been good.

Jag likes this

9 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Its making money for everyone, right?  So why not take the time and do it right.

Unless the folks involved are just sick of doing it.  Lot of them have gotten big time now.

I dunno about you, but I wouldn't get tired of making the cash they're getting for this show. Some of the main cast is pulling in 100k-500k per episode!

11 hours ago, Molimo said:

I dunno about you, but I wouldn't get tired of making the cash they're getting for this show. Some of the main cast is pulling in 100k-500k per episode!

Compare that with Charlie Sheen who reportedly made $1.8M per episode of Two and a Half Men.  No wonder he was always smirking.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:01 AM, Elovia said:

Compare that with Charlie Sheen who reportedly made $1.8M per episode of Two and a Half Men.  No wonder he was always smirking.

That's why he went off the deep end and ruined it all.

Spoiler

Something from episode 1 that bothered me: When Cersei is told the Walkers have broken through the wall, she remarks "Good." But how in the hell is that good?  If her enemies lose, then the army of the dead will grow by several thousand soldiers and they will come for her next.  If they survive and defeat the Walkers, then I guess it's a good strategy.  But the odds aren't exactly in their favor.

6 hours ago, Lasraik said:

That's why he went off the deep end and ruined it all.

Reveal hidden contents

Something from episode 1 that bothered me: When Cersei is told the Walkers have broken through the wall, she remarks "Good." But how in the hell is that good?  If her enemies lose, then the army of the dead will grow by several thousand soldiers and they will come for her next.  If they survive and defeat the Walkers, then I guess it's a good strategy.  But the odds aren't exactly in their favor.

She thinks the threat is over stated, she has wildfire, and a massive army.  She doesn't really believe.

One thing I liked about the episode is it wasn't the clear-cut "good guys vs. bad guys" plot that everyone was expecting. I appreciated all the dissension in the North, and I'm glad everyone isn't all hunky-dory as they go off to kill the bad guys. Unfortunately, I doubt there is enough time to really explore those conflicts with only a few episodes left.

2 down ... 4 left.

Some cool scenes.  I liked Brienne being knighted.  I'm a sucker for stuff like that.  Aria taking control and having her coming out party.  Liked seeing everyone sitting around the fire BSing.

No action or anything of significance other than setting up the battle.

Posted (edited)

I felt like they finished some of the reunion stuff.  Everything feels so telegraphed.  I thought it was better than the 1st though.  Glad it was slowed down a bit.

I sure did hear a LOT of people talking about how safe the crypts are...I am going to guess they definitely are NOT.

Grey Worm...haha...making plans for the future.  Guaranteed to be dead. 

Tyrion is going to save the day, too much focus on his failures.

That being said, the previews make it seem like Winterfell falls.  I am super excited about the undead battle.

And what the hell, Ghost just shows up in one of the scenes like he has been there the whole time, but we don't even get a good boy I missed ya.

I think Theon is dead too, will most likely save Sansa again.

Edited by Jag

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Dunnar said:

2 down ... 4 left.

Some cool scenes.  I liked Brienne being knighted.  I'm a sucker for stuff like that.  Aria taking control and having her coming out party.  Liked seeing everyone sitting around the fire BSing.

No action or anything of significance other than setting up the battle.

I was totally convinced that Jaime was going to swipe right and take her head off. Glad that he didn't, but i had the oddest feeling he was part of a double-cross.

Most important question of all... Arya: body-double?

Edited by Pasanda

No, Arya did not use a body double, they gave her autonomy over the scene to show as much or as little as she wanted.  "Everybody else has, so why not." was her quote.  And she is 22 I checked.   ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Episode 2 was... O.K.

Spoiler

With only 6 episodes this season, it was strange to see 20 minutes of basically filler in this episode.  I enjoyed the Jaime stuff, but everything else just felt out of place.  A good drinking game for this episode was whenever someone said something to the effect of "Since we're doing tonight..." or "We won't make it through the night..." alright, we get it.  It's serious.  It's so serious that all these characters are sitting around while everyone else is preparing for the battle of their lives. 

When did Danny become such a bitch?  She's always kinda sorta been one, but shes on bitch overdrive this season all of a sudden.  It feels forced and rushed. 

Using Bran as bait?  WTF?  Lazy writing and storytelling. 

Posted (edited)

... and I'm on track by the end of this season to have never watched a single episode of this soap opera.  Go me.

Edited by Elovia