Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jag

Assasins Creed Unity is Free

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I played a little bit this morning.  It is pretty fun, just like I remember the old ones.

It is free forever on Uplay until April 25th because of the ND fire.  You just have to process it for free and the game is yours forever.  The game has gained quite a bit of notoriety because it painstakingly scans and recreates authentic real-world environments for you to run around and kill people in, like the cathedral that just burned.  The co-op is supposed to be pretty fun as well I will be playing some tonight. 

In light of the devastating fire at the Notre Dame de Paris, Ubisoft wants to give all gamers the chance to experience the majesty and beauty of the cathedral through Assassin's Creed Unity on PC.

From April 17th at 08:00 am to April 25th at 01:00 am (your local time), you can download Assassin's Creed Unity on PC for free here, and you’ll own it forever in your Uplay games library. 

We encourage all of you who want to help with the restoration and reconstruction of the Cathedral to join Ubisoft in donating.

Edited by Jag
Dunnar likes this

This game is actually really fun.  Open world, lots of different ways to tackle objectives, the co-op is fun too.  We spent a lot of time playing, let me know if you pick it up so I can get you added on the club.

My uplay name is Disconinjas 

I saw this on sale for free. Trying to work out how them giving the game away for free in any way benefits Notre Dame. Are they putting a portion of the profits to rebuilding Notre Dame? No because there are no money. It does eff all for Notre Dame and just capitalises on a disaster to gain publicity. Fuck 'em, next it will be "get Bully the game for free to commemorate that school shooting!"

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Jazz said:

I saw this on sale for free. Trying to work out how them giving the game away for free in any way benefits Notre Dame. Are they putting a portion of the profits to rebuilding Notre Dame? No because there are no money. It does eff all for Notre Dame and just capitalises on a disaster to gain publicity. Fuck 'em, next it will be "get Bully the game for free to commemorate that school shooting!"

Well, they also donated 500k Euros...They are French-based so it makes sense to me I guess.

Having never been there myself, I did think it was pretty cool to crawl around and kill people in the replica. haha

For sure its a PR move...but it's not like someone got hurt with this.  It's hardly even a tragedy at all.  Almost nothing was lost.  No art, no windows.  Just some stuff that had already been rebuilt in the 1900's.

Edited by Jag

As the smoke clears on the events that unfolded on Monday at the Notre-Dame de Paris, we stand in solidarité with our fellow Parisians and everyone around the world moved by the devastation the fire caused. Notre-Dame is an integral part of Paris, a city to which we are deeply connected. Seeing the monument in peril like this affected us all.

In light of Monday's events, we will be donating €500,000 to help with the restoration and reconstruction of the Cathedral. We encourage all of you who are interested to donate as well. In addition, we want to give everyone the chance to experience the majesty and beauty of Notre-Dame the best way we know how. For one week, we will be giving Assassin's Creed Unity away free on PC, for anyone who wants to enjoy it. You can download it now for Uplay PC here: http://assassinscreed.com/unity-notredame/

When we created Assassin's Creed Unity, we developed an even closer connection with this incredible city and its landmarks – one of the most notable elements of the game was the extraordinary recreation of Notre-Dame.

notre-dame-ac-unity_348284.jpg

Video games can enable us to explore places in ways we never could have otherwise imagined. We hope, with this small gesture, we can provide everyone an opportunity to appreciate our virtual homage to this monumental piece of architecture.

They make it sound nice at least.

I think I might enjoy the Assassin's Creed series, but for one reason or another just haven't pulled the trigger on purchasing any of those titles.

Jag likes this

16 minutes ago, Elovia said:

I think I might enjoy the Assassin's Creed series, but for one reason or another just haven't pulled the trigger on purchasing any of those titles.

It's a game that rewards the OCD completionist mentality.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0